New Lurcher Lamp Have You Say

A tighter beam on the 120 would be my ideal. And a quiet rocker switch on the handle like the old lightforce I have. Not keen on the click on/off switch on the later lamps.

Tighter than 120 have you seen beam on the 150 if so is that to tight

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not bothered about a dimmer,,,   the most impotant thing is the beam,,,,in genral the longer the beam the better,,,like a blitz distance wise and width wise,,,but the unit the size of a striker,,,,a

oh,,,and ive always thought the outside should be rubber,,,not that plastick

Is £45 a year expensive? 86p a week?   This hobby costs peanuts. Even with dog insurance, wormers, bedding, diesel, top quality dog grub, clothing and wellies it costs pennies compared to most hobbi

I wonder if Deben and the like are watching this thread... might end up getting something we all want!!

Feck Deben, it's "Lloydy Lamps" all the way :toast:

Joking aside, I like Deben and their customer service, but they have never asked me what I want and they certainly ain't come on here asking the end user what they want.

• Like 5

Some really good stuff coming up here lads trust me I'm reading it all.

Leegreen I'm no tec guy jest love lamping you say 32wat is biggest power led I have a lamp all ready with a 45wat led tiny little thing.sounds like you now your stuff on tec side so you may be able to help.

Keep it coming guy but I think I got the just of it.

It's not only the wattage its the way its delivered. It's some thing to do with the drivers, it's a micro chip business. Now I'm getting out of my depth :blink: I'm sure you electronic geeks at the manufacturers will know.

The leading led's for sheer power is XHP 70, that can put out over 3600 lms and the led with the throw (beam) is XHP 35 and that can give you 2500 lms. There are many other led's on the market, but these seem to have edge on performance and are in some of the newest torches. There are torches out there that put out over 16000 lms :icon_eek: .

I'm not sure how you would approach the manufacturers with that, they my even have something in mind regarding led's. I know the throw (beam) is largely down to the reflector, that's why the large headed torches do so well.

• Like 2

A tighter beam on the 120 would be my ideal. And a quiet rocker switch on the handle like the old lightforce I have. Not keen on the click on/off switch on the later lamps.

Tighter than 120 have you seen beam on the 150 if so is that to tight

No I haven't seen that one bud. 120 is plenty bright enough, but if the 150 is the same with a tighter beam that sounds ideal. Anyone want to trade? lol

• Like 1

Leegreen I'm no tec guy jest love lamping you say 32wat is biggest power led I have a lamp all ready with a 45wat led tiny little thing.sounds like you now your stuff on tec side so you may be able to help.

It's not only the wattage its the way its delivered. It's some thing to do with the drivers, it's a micro chip business. Now I'm getting out of my depth :blink: I'm sure you electronic geeks at the manufacturers will know.

The leading led's for sheer power is XHP 70, that can put out over 3600 lms and the led with the throw (beam) is XHP 35 and that can give you 2500 lms. There are many other led's on the market, but these seem to have edge on performance and are in some of the newest torches. There are torches out there that put out over 16000 lms :icon_eek: .

I'm not sure how you would approach the manufacturers with that, they my even have something in mind regarding led's. I know the throw (beam) is largely down to the reflector, that's why the large headed torches do so well.

Like you say Lee the reflector has a lot to do with throw bit leds shape has just as much to do with it ,I've seen some cracking torches that throw well and if you could use those led pills in a decent reflector you'd be there, they use a fraction of the watts and volts , of what a halogen would use as well.

A good led,with a striker type head ,using 4 18650s would ,if designed well , be a decent start.

• Like 2

Haven't gone through all the posts do someone may of mentioned it but Id like a lamp with a removable battery. If they are running on 18650's would it be possible to have a hatch at the bottom to slide new batterys in and out? Carrying 2 spare 18650s in your pocket that can be swapped over in a few seconds (as you can with the led torches) would be a big selling point in my opinion.

• Like 1

How far is technology away from been able to put a variable power dimmer switch on LED lamps?

I've had head torches that can do that for over a decade. ?
with the same volume dimmer switch as tracer 170 variable halogen.It hasn't been done yet. That's the 3 setting switch I presume your talking about on cheap headtorchs. led lamps don't have variable power yet. Halogen have.

Cheers for all that mate.the 45w puts out 4000lms with 170 reflector so I'm thinking this might be a good bace point. Were you from