Prosport Tbt Full Drop-In Kit

Might get another PS. Would you have a dabble on mine si if I send it all and get a kit delivered?

thought you did your own dabbling rez?!

that tx i had i just polished and added skid shims and that solved everything for feckall... this prosport had a shagged cop tube so jimmy gave me an old spare he had but i think it was worn unevenly thats why i couldn't get the power up with the aa piston seal

get one in september and ill fettle it while your out picking :laugh:

I do, but it's not really "tuning" and there's always something to be learned from someone else, as the old man always says.

It's a deal. Giz me time to save. Actually. On that note, I ain't forgot.... :)

• Like 2

You were lucky to get the power up that high on a standard spring.

I failed on my mk3 txhc. 177 you really need a mk2 spring and guide set with the short stroke extension then it's all just easy without massed power washers.

The mk2 spring is stiffer and different id.

cheers lads :thumbs:

i dropped the prosport off at may mates tonight and talked him through the power outputs he could have with certain power washers removed,

i told him it was way smoother to cock with 4 washers as apposed to 6 running at full power,

so he put a few pellets through her in his back garden, he's got a big garden so he's got all sorts of stuff set up at 40yrds!

cos its not my rifle i knew it was better for the work being done but he was over the moon :victory:

its stopping at 6 washers, he was whacking the spinners off his knee and not losing sight of the target,, which was his main thing!!

recon he's happy with it cos every time he shot it he kept nodding his head... job done and a thumbs up for the droppin kit!!

atb si

• Like 4

I've been following the thread and watched a few Youtube vids on this Tinbum drop-in kit with a TX200. It all looks quite easy, straight forward and improves smoothness of the rifle's firing cycle and the shot.

If it works this well in a Pro Sport, as it seems from Si's post above, , I'm seriously tempted for one to fit mine.

6 power washers. Is that a normal thing? I need to get mine chronographed I think. She's hitting tight, sub-half inch groups at 35 metres now!

• Like 1

I've been following the thread and watched a few Youtube vids on this Tinbum drop-in kit with a TX200. It all looks quite easy, straight forward and improves smoothness of the rifle's firing cycle and the shot.

If it works this well in a Pro Sport, as it seems from Si's post above, , I'm seriously tempted for one to fit mine.

6 power washers. Is that a normal thing? I need to get mine chronographed I think. She's hitting tight, sub-half inch groups at 35 metres now!

thanks simon

6 power washers is excessive and if it was mine id have it running at around 10.5 with 4!

the compression chamber was one jimmy gave me to replace the original one that had damaged buttons due to the cocking cycle being a bit rough, this was easily sorted by stripping the linkage and removing the sharp edges and greasing properly...

the second hand comp tube is a bit baggy in the last 1/4 and pre tbt kit was impossible to get it much above 10ftlb

if it was mine id be tempted to order a new comp tube, they only cost about £40 and fit a yellow ox spring, I've been looking at these and they sound like a good investment..

this is as easy to do as the youtube videos show.. and id highly recommend doing it, think the kit was £53 delivered and it was in the post the next working day :thumbs:

even if your not fitting one at the moment id give the linkage a quick fettle while you've got the stock off... it makes a massive difference, it went from gritty to silk

atb si

Thanks for this Si. I'll set to work on the cocking link but to fair, there isn't a glitch, issue or a fault with my Pro Sport as it came out of the box. She hasn't disappointed me in any part or performance in her. I've put about 400 AA Field 5.52 mm pellets through the barrel and she's getting smoother and consistantly accurate, hits as hard as any full power up-to-the-limit rifle I've had before. In short there's nothing that really needs doing now. But anything to make her near-recoiless, quieten her action and make her smoother all round, would be a nicety. Not a necessity.

Cheers Si :thumbs:

Simon

• Like 1

Thanks for this Si. I'll set to work on the cocking link but to fair, there isn't a glitch, issue or a fault with my Pro Sport as it came out of the box. She hasn't disappointed me in any part or performance in her. I've put about 400 AA Field 5.52 mm pellets through the barrel and she's getting smoother and consistantly accurate, hits as hard as any full power up-to-the-limit rifle I've had before. In short there's nothing that really needs doing now. But anything to make her near-recoiless, quieten her action and make her smoother all round, would be a nicety. Not a necessity.

Cheers Si :thumbs:

Simon

thats good simon and thats how it should be, these are the most expensive springer about at the moment!

I'm sure this one was a friday afternooner, there were just lots of little niggles... when he got it i could hear the twang from a fair distance away and when i first ever shot it it

was know where near as smooth as my 95 so i said id tame her for him!!

its really nice now and although i don't like heavy springers I've been on the lookout for an old hw80 to restore but with how the prosport turned out

a nice walnut one could be on the cards!!! ill see which one comes up first for the right money :thumbs:

atb si

• Like 1

I have the short stroke bit out of the TX tbt kit if it is any good to you Si or Simon just sat in a drawer and will never get used.

Phil

cheers for the offer Phil :thumbs:

give it to simon if he wants it cos I'm not to sure weather it'll be an 80 or a ps next for me... might have to flip a coin :laugh:

atb and thanks si

• Like 1

One day next week Simon, I can pop over. I don't know if you are thinking of using the dremel while I am there or I can leave it with you and you can send it back.

The short stroke is part of a TBT kit which we didn't need for the TX so a quick look on their website will tell you if the Prosport and TX are the same or a phone call of course but which ever it is spare and will not be used.

Phil

• Like 1