Thank You For Popping My Cherry ?

I just wanted to say a massive thanks to Si Brown for the invite to Scarborough this weekend and a great days/nights shooting yesterday.

Myself and Jimmy have an absolute blast and couldn't have been made to feel more welcome and at home if you tried.

As the the title says I got my first confirmed rabbit ?, with .177 MK1 Rapid, I've got to admit I'm now loving this rifle.

The first Si actually said I hit in the head but it fell straight in its hole, however my second was a measured 56yds headshot, witnessed and confirmed by Si. Prone supportered. The second was close range about 20yds standing, wasn't happy with the shot as it went through it's neck ?. The final was last night 43yds lasered another clean headshot with .22 Wildcat and Photon combination. Nearly everyone one on here will call me soft but I did feel a twinge of sadness ending an animals life but I do understand it has to be done.

Had some brilliant tutillage from Si and Jimmy on gutting and prepping and the last one I shot I did completely on my own unsupervised, which I was really happy about.

We had what I thought was a really successful day, in total between three of us 26 rabbits, 1 Ferrell and a crow. I'm not one for pictures but I'm sure or Jimmy will put a couple up.

Once again a massive thanks to you Si, the weekends shooting has been outstanding and all made better by your generosity and kind nature, cheers mate.

Just one more thing, I've converted Si to Gin ?? enjoy the Whitley ??

• Like 13

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to say a massive thanks to Si Brown for the invite to Scarborough this weekend and a great days/nights shooting yesterday. Myself and Jimmy have an absolute blast and couldn't have been

well the boys are on there way back now! what a weekend, had a great time... the company and the wether couldn't of been any better we didn't take many photos but i did get a couple off nelly aka t

I am very pleased for you Nelly....................................now, NO MORE TALK OF GETTING AN R10 AS THESE GUNS WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!   What made this even better is the fact that you were in the

Posted Images

Well done Nelly/ lads :good:

The only time shooting vermin doesn`t feel right to me is not making use of it :thumbdown: .

Whether it`s for our, or friends tables, ferrets or birds of prey, it just doesn`t wash with me if it`s not used.

Again,- well done lads.

atb Mark

• Like 2

I am very pleased for you Nelly....................................now, NO MORE TALK OF GETTING AN R10 AS THESE GUNS WORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What made this even better is the fact that you were in the company of not one but two really good guys and you will keep this memory locked away for many years to come matey.

Nice one Si and of course Jimmy.

NELLY HAS POPPED HIS CHERRY :toast::boogy::icon_redface: so now you know you can hit em and your guns work fine.

Phil

• Like 6

Not one shooting stick was used in the assination of these wabbits or vermin lol

Each to their own.

it would of been used mark, i bought it with us for a spot of rat bashing but it was a late one on the fields :thumbs:

i won't go rat bashing without the primos now, one of the best things I've got :yes:

atb si

• Like 2

well the boys are on there way back now!

what a weekend, had a great time... the company and the wether couldn't of been any better :thumbs:

we didn't take many photos but i did get a couple off nelly aka the terminator in action, he'd all ready knocked one off with his first shot within 2 mins of getting out

of the car... it was a good head shot as that was the only part of the rabbit we could see but it was poking up out of its warren and dropped straight back down, cant

mistake that head and lead contact!

this was him getting set for the 56yard one

post-102306-0-80319100-1492938009.jpg

and said dropped rabbit.. perfect placement, instant dispatch

post-102306-0-43530300-1492938019_thumb.jpg

just a few of jimmys there were lots of kits that we didn't really want to shoot or keep but the land owner needs to see that the numbers

are reduced and the impact we made could be classed as a drop in the ocean!

the merlyn and jimmy were on top form coupled with the red lamp :thumbs:

post-102306-0-68864800-1492938440_thumb.jpg

great company and an all round good weekend!

cheers lads :thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 10