A More Stable Platform

After a bit of plinking the other night I was getting golf ball size groups with the 80 from the primos at 40 yards so after a chat with a pal a ordered the primos 2 point rest for the sticks.

These groups were at 30 yards, seated as that's my max at home but it will be interesting to see if I can get it smaller at 40 yards with the new rest. Thanks for reading fellas??

post-94518-0-45961100-1492870705_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well here is a 45 yard group using the primos seated.I'm working my way up to whatever the gun will do with me behind it?? Ps The stray shot was me, I moved at the last second!

And this is the group. 10 shots in the bull and 3 in the corners.

After a bit of plinking the other night I was getting golf ball size groups with the from the primos at 40 yards so after a chat with a pal a ordered the primos 2 point rest for the sticks. These gr

Posted Images

:snack:

Here they come !!! :rofl:

Top accuracy now Matt :clapper:

Stunning groups and rifle, enjoy mate.

???

Not taking anything away from you matt but you would have to be blind to not get groups like that using that rest , Sorry

I have to agree with you VM.

That's was the motive behind buying them.

I'm not a great Free hand shooter and I know it could seem lazy but when I'm hunting static, I'm trying to make everything as close to consistent as possible, especially as the woodies are showing now and they are like rocking horse shit!

Your spot on, they don't take any skill to use but it's the end result that's more important if I'm out hunting static???

• Like 1

I can see the point of setting that up over a burrow and pinging away at the rabbits as they come out but you dont carry it about and set it up for a shot do you ?.

I can see the point of setting that up over a burrow and pinging away at the rabbits as they come out but you dont carry it about and set it up for a shot do you ?.

No pal.

Either for hide shooting or like you said, static, covering a burrow or a well used run ?

Thank christ starting to need to take a pit pony for all the stuff i take now long gone are the days when it was just a gun and a pocketful of pellets

I thought exactly that earlier today.

When i was lad at my pals house going over the road to his uncles wood armed with .177 Diana's.....no scopes and a pocket of elay wasps and the thing is you could almost guarantee we would bag a couple rabbits or some woodies at dusk. Happy days?

my sons no comfortable shooting free hand that would suit him but sod carrying it , i just let him shoot out the car window but he wriggles about like a stuck pig and half the time im shoving his but back off my seat

• Like 1

I can see a use for that :yes:

It'll be interesting to see some longer range testing with it mate :thumbs:

Cheers Jon.

I've got a couple of hefty warrens that will see it used on and the woodies are about in better numbers over the last 2 weeks here so i might get some roost shooting done from them too ??

• Like 1

Thank christ starting to need to take a pit pony for all the stuff i take now long gone are the days when it was just a gun and a pocketful of pellets

I thought exactly that earlier today.

When i was lad at my pals house going over the road to his uncles wood armed with .177 Diana's.....no scopes and a pocket of elay wasps and the thing is you could almost guarantee we would bag a couple rabbits or some woodies at dusk. Happy days

aye when i go lamping gun pellets and lamp and a spare gun and lamp , my mate needs a 4x4 takes gun, range finder night sight monocular box of blue gloves various boxes for rabbits etc

• Like 1