I always use abuse, as advocated in the book; Your dog and how to beat it until it pisses itself when you look at it.

Some fantastic techniques in there ;)

Salukis have evolved to do that without training,it comes natural.?

I always use abuse, as advocated in the book; Your dog and how to beat it until it pisses itself when you look at it.

Salukis have evolved to do that without training,it comes natural.

It took some time to train mine but it was worth it.

Now when I look at him funny; he screams, pisses himself and shakes like Michael J Fox :victory:

Salukis have evolved to do that without training,it comes natural.

It took some time to train mine but it was worth it.

Now when I look at him funny; he screams, pisses himself and shakes like Michael J Fox :victory:

?

Alryt then i was wondering how everyone goes about training there dogs, reward based, clicker ect.. and how good the results seem

check out a guy called stonnie dennis.u wont go wrong starting off.

Thanks for that. Had a look and really like his 'no mystique' approach. Also Michael Ellis (recommended by someone off here) has some useful vids on YouTube.

Another thing me and my dog have been playin around with (with occasional commitment) is the 'lurcher field trials' (novice have-a-go) from the NL&RC website. (Obvs not applicable to the OP but just re: training).

(I also love these threads, but they frequently make me feel so sorry for my dog..)

Alryt then i was wondering how everyone goes about training there dogs, reward based, clicker ect.. and how good the results seem

check out a guy called stonnie dennis.u wont go wrong starting off.
Thanks for that. Had a look and really like his 'no mystique' approach. Also Michael Ellis (recommended by someone off here) has some useful vids on YouTube.

Another thing me and my dog have been playin around with (with occasional commitment) is the 'lurcher field trials' (novice have-a-go) from the NL&RC website. (Obvs not applicable to the OP but just re: training).

(I also love these threads, but they frequently make me feel so sorry for my dog..)

michale ellis is top class ive used a lot of his teachings on my dutch shepard he is in my opnion at the top of his game especially with high drive dogs.stonnies approach is also very good especially his 20 odd steps for pups.