Size Comparison Usa Vs. Europe...

I have lived and hunted in the US, from Ireland and I am now in Canada. For dog work you can' beat home.

Also - how do recommend people make the move? Your prick of a president doesn't make it easy for people to move to the 'land of the free' - a nation built by immigrants, for immigrants... my hole.

Rifle, Bow hunting and a lot of the fishing is hard to beat in North america.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out some of my other posts. I've offered to put dog men up so they can get on their feet and have a go in the USA. IT might be a buss kill for some. We don't drink, swear, party or cause trou

We have a pub in Cumbria older than America   People always make me laugh about Britain   There is still a lot about here that maintains the title great   I was lucky enough to grow up in Cum

Personally I don't think you can beat a good uk winter, nothing better than walking across a cold crisp field being able to see your breath Infront of you, seeing a cock pheasant in the distance givin

Posted Images

how about a 54 year old? lol.id be turned around and told feck off back home,

you can see some of the comments with negative vibes straight away,niggling away and waiting for a bite...I think its a very interesting topic,if I were a good few years younger id love to try,being a painter/decorator I expect id find a job handy enough,,,Id love a lash at them prairie jack rabbits,the oul saluki 1st x redning his arse , :yahoo:

You should have a look at the Antelope Jacks they've got around Texas. I used to see them all of the time when I was in basic training for the USAF. One of these days I intend to get back down there and run the pants off of those things! They are enormous!!

any sites id see them on Dan Mc?anyone adopt a 54 year old over there lol

Just put antelope jackrabbit into your search engine. They're huge!

you can see some of the comments with negative vibes straight away,niggling away and waiting for a bite...I think its a very interesting topic,if I were a good few years younger id love to try,being a painter/decorator I expect id find a job handy enough,,,Id love a lash at them prairie jack rabbits,the oul saluki 1st x redning his arse , :yahoo:

You should have a look at the Antelope Jacks they've got around Texas. I used to see them all of the time when I was in basic training for the USAF. One of these days I intend to get back down there and run the pants off of those things! They are enormous!!

I don't know about anything long term but I've had the offer up for a while if someone wants to come over here they can live in the room above my garage while they get their feet on the ground. There's plenty of dog spots and with a little work on that room, it'll be plenty warm in the winter. The room is about 12' x 34' so a single guy or even a couple would have plenty of room.

I think you're a gentleman, and it would be incredible if someone was able to take you up on the offer

I've wanted to emigrate there for years, but had children young and left my ex partner so it's kind of a no no for me until I'm financial stable enough to buy a house outright, have a year of living expenses and 4 flights back a year minimum

I'm working on it!

And how far off Manitowoc County are you? That seems an odd place

Two hours North. I'm in Crivitz.

I have lived and hunted in the US, from Ireland and I am now in Canada. For dog work you can' beat home.

Also - how do recommend people make the move? Your prick of a president doesn't make it easy for people to move to the 'land of the free' - a nation built by immigrants, for immigrants... my hole.

If you've only been to a couple of places in the states you've got a long ways to go. Everything you could love is here somewhere, as far as hunting goes. If someone took me up on my offer, I would put what I found out about there preferences together with my knowledge of the country here and steer them towards the right part of the country. This would just be a good place to start. I also know 100's of other dog men around the USA that I could place a man with in order to stay in other states. There are loads of people that would enjoy doing a hard working dog man a favor in exchange for some good stories and a little help with chores. The only problem is that I'm the only one offering a hand publically. If asked, there are many people who would also help.

Trumpis changing the immigration policies to help good folks and inhibit muzzies and other ethnic groups from taking advantage of the USA. You'll soon find it a lot easier to come here. Anyhow, all you have to do is marry one of the tens of thousands of desperate ladies trolling around on FB for a Sugar Daddy. ;)

I don't know about anything long term but I've had the offer up for a while if someone wants to come over here they can live in the room above my garage while they get their feet on the ground. There's plenty of dog spots and with a little work on that room, it'll be plenty warm in the winter. The room is about 12' x 34' so a single guy or even a couple would have plenty of room.

If you had put that post up in the early 80,s Dan you would have been besieged with young Brits willing to meet the challenge,id have given my soul for such a chance.I wish i was a few decades younger,the facts are there are some willing youngsters around now and circumstance dictates they are not in a position now to accept such a tremendous and gracious offer,its even sadder that in the early 80,s you would have needed to book the an ocean liner to meet demand,now a Norfolk Broad punt would suffice.

Rifle, Bow hunting and a lot of the fishing is hard to beat in North america. If someone took me up on my offer, I would put what I found out about there preferences together with my knowledge of the country here and steer them towards the right part of the country. This would just be a good place to start. I also know 100's of other dog men around the USA that I could place a man with in order to stay in other states. There are loads of people that would enjoy doing a hard working dog man a favor in exchange for some good stories and a little help with chores.

You know any guys run mountain lion or bear with hounds?i am working on a bit of a project at the moment but I will be over your way probably from November till jan?

That's exactly what I did and as far as I can see they're much less impressive than our brown hare. Smaller too ;)

States like Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming.

I like Nebraska because it's looks flat as a piece of paper but you have to go for a walk to see what's really going on. It's like upside down moutains. There are all sorts of depressions, creek beds and sunken lakes all over the place. You can look out over the plains and see what looks like a small bush in the distance when in reality, what your looking at is the very top of a 60 foot tree next to a small lake in a great depression in the land. It looks like a very boring place to live to the city folks. They call it one of the flyover states because that's all they would like to have to do with it...fly over it on the way to Los Angeles. It's flat out loaded with game and the running is great for speed dogs.

Montana, Colorado and Wyoming have both plains and mountains at about 50/50. Live in the foothills of the mountains and you get to choose which you want to run your dogs in based on which way you turn when you leave your driveway. If it's to hot, go to the mountains, if it's to cold, go to the plains. You can pick your weather with a one hour drive. There is the most variety of game in states like this.

Some folks like the cold. I do and that's why I like Minnesota as much as any of the other states. MN doesn't have some of the sheep, goats and elk that the mountain states have but you'll never see me picking a place to live based on the hoofed animals. I like running predators. It has great hunting for all predators except for mountain lions, which it has very few of. Southeastern MN is like a paradise and the sheer amount of game and fish in and around the Mississippi River basin is off of the charts. You can make a living on fish and game there. The area has a long history of commercial hunting and fishing. The area is overflowing with resources and has a lot of springs and flowing water of all kinds with lakes dotting the countryside. There are quite a few Amish folks in this area for that very reason, and they are great for hiring to do various jobs, super honest and do great work.

Kansas is similar to Nebraska.

Utah is great but you have to put up with all of the Mormons. It's kind of their state. There are a lot of dry counties, which means no alcohol. Not a problem for me but I ain't going to their church.

The West has so much public land that you'll never run out of new places to go. On top of that, some of the ranches out there are 10's of thousands of acres large and some are 100's of thousands of acres. Get permission on one of these and your set. They usually are welcoming to good honest predator hunters after they check you out some. If you live out there for a while and don't have a couple of ranches in your pocket, it's not them, it's you.

The Dakotas are flat except for the far western ends and the big river valley in the middle. If you like big wide open views and never ending prarrie you like it here because it's also packed with game. I've gone out there and seen as many as 82 coyotes in one three day weekend. There is as much bird hunting as you could ever want. Excellent waterfowl hunting. Better bring a half dozen shovels for the winter though. That's just to dig out your truck so you can plow your driveway. The blowing and drifting snows will shut you in during the very cold winters. Of course, when the sun is out, you'll catch more coyotes on the snow than maybe anywhere. North Dakota has the least gun laws of anywhere I've been. I think you are not allowed to shoot stuff off of a snowmobile and that's about it. There might be a few more but way less than anywhere else I've spent much time hunting.

For me it's MN and Colorado and maybe Nebraska and Kansas. I could be very happy in any of them but I don't like the lack of water in many of the other Western states when it comes to living. For a vacation, they are all excellent.

That was very informative fella. South Dakota or Nebraska sounds like the place for me! I'm not serious so don't get excited but I have filed that away for future reference. So cheers. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Trumpis changing the immigration policies to help good folks and inhibit muzzies and other ethnic groups from taking advantage of the USA. You'll soon find it a lot easier to come here. Anyhow, all you have to do is marry one of the tens of thousands of desperate ladies trolling around on FB for a Sugar Daddy. ;)

Unfortunately not Dan. I have studied immigration in the US from a neutral point of view (wrote a 20,000 word thesis on it) and worked in an immigration center in Boston. He is not doing any favors for anyone! Good or bad.

Edited by ijf

That's exactly what I did and as far as I can see they're much less impressive than our brown hare. Smaller too ;)

They may be lighter but they are not shorter when you factor in the ears. Antelope jacks are something to see. They are slower though, but our black-tailed jacks are faster than the brown hare. ;)

Unfortunately not Dan. I have studied immigration in the US from a neutral point of view (wrote a 20,000 word thesis on it) and worked in an immigration center in Boston. He is not doing any favors for anyone! Good or bad.

Give him a little time, he's just finished his first one hundred days. The govt. is so packed crap, it'll take him a little while. Start planning. The first thing you can do is to forget everything you learned in college and get reacquainted with the real world.

I'll amend my original offer to say that if you've graduated college within the last 5 years, your not ready to be around me. It's better that you stay over there. Nothing towards you personally ijf, just a general thought. I've had enough of liberal minds so I'm just adding a filter that I didn't write up earlier.

• Like 1

Give him a little time, he's just finished his first one hundred days. The govt. is so packed crap, it'll take him a little while. Start planning. The first thing you can do is to forget everything you learned in college and get reacquainted with the real world.

I'll amend my original offer to say that if you've graduated college within the last 5 years, your not ready to be around me. It's better that you stay over there. Nothing towards you personally ijf, just a general thought. I've had enough of liberal minds so I'm just adding a filter that I didn't write up earlier.

:laugh:

I am living in Canada atm - just had a great weekend out after Black bear actually in BC.

If your definition of 'educated' is 'liberal' I have no intention of taking you up on any offer :bye:

I have plenty of buddies in the US to go hunting with.

From my experience dogs get more work in UK & Ireland because you can use a lamp and therefore see more game. Most of the states I have been to prevent the use of a lamp.

Fact of the matter is the majority of dog men would all like to go state side, or any where else, to work their dogs. But to move to the US your best chance would be to get a degree in IT, otherwise your chance of getting a visa is slim to none. But having a recent education is the type of person you don't want to be around so that wouldn't work :huh: