A Massive Shock... Warning

NEWKID

Well lads the last 24 hours has been a real eye opener for me, in all the wrong ways!

Yesterday morning I got up, ran all four dogs and left for work taking the big lurcher with me, my terrier (bella) and little lurcher (martha) were left at home as usual.

We've recently moved, to a farmhouse with a decent lump of land, the dogs love it and with no road anywhere near by the dogs are left to come in and out and usually sun themselves in the yard, where I find them after work...

Yesterday it went wrong, my brother in law was working on the house and found the lurcher having a fit on the yard and foaming at the mouth, he immediately rushed her to the vets where I met him and my wife and was met with a very unwell dog, anaesthetised and it would seemed poisoned.

then I had a call from my father in law who had taken my kids home, he had found the terrier in the same condition... I rushed home and bought her to the vets, by now they had worked out the problem with Martha she had been poisoned by eating mould!

Bella was in a bad way, and needed oxygen and was immediately knocked out... after 3 or so hours they were still in a bad way and we were given a choice to turn off the meds and let them go.... I felt I owed them at least 24 hours... so we kept them in over night and hoped they'd pull through..

during the night both dogs were fitting each time the meds were dropped, and at 9 this morning I had a call from the vets to say it wasnt looking good... Bella was in a real bad way... at 11 they tried to drop her meds again, but she had a another seizure and this time they couldn't save her, she sadly passed away..

Martha was very slowly showing some recovery signs...she is still in now, but is off the meds, has opened her eyes and drank a little... I'm holding out hope but worried how she will be after such huge internal trauma!!

Lads this was caused by mould on grass cuttings in our compost heap, I never knew that this could happen... I bought this place so the dogs had more room, people were home and the dogs have been here 5 months now and generally lay out in the sun after a little mooch about...

I've ratted in shit and crap, yet my dog dies cause of a bit of mouldy grass!!

I'm gutted and genuinely a bit shocked... I thought I should put a warning up as I honestly didn't know about the dangers of mould and compost heaps...

A few lads knew her as the Croc... she was a great little thing and made every walk an adventure.

image007_zpsk2mummjx.jpg

• Like 2

Well lads the last 24 hours has been a real eye opener for me, in all the wrong ways!

Yesterday morning I got up, ran all four dogs and left for work taking the big lurcher with me, my terrier (bella) and little lurcher (martha) were left at home as usual.

We've recently moved, to a farmhouse with a decent lump of land, the dogs love it and with no road anywhere near by the dogs are left to come in and out and usually sun themselves in the yard, where I find them after work...

Yesterday it went wrong, my brother in law was working on the house and found the lurcher having a fit on the yard and foaming at the mouth, he immediately rushed her to the vets where I met him and my wife and was met with a very unwell dog, anaesthetised and it would seemed poisoned.

then I had a call from my father in law who had taken my kids home, he had found the terrier in the same condition... I rushed home and bought her to the vets, by now they had worked out the problem with Martha she had been poisoned by eating mould!

Bella was in a bad way, and needed oxygen and was immediately knocked out... after 3 or so hours they were still in a bad way and we were given a choice to turn off the meds and let them go.... I felt I owed them at least 24 hours... so we kept them in over night and hoped they'd pull through..

during the night both dogs were fitting each time the meds were dropped, and at 9 this morning I had a call from the vets to say it wasnt looking good... Bella was in a real bad way... at 11 they tried to drop her meds again, but she had a another seizure and this time they couldn't save her, she sadly passed away..

Martha was very slowly showing some recovery signs...she is still in now, but is off the meds, has opened her eyes and drank a little... I'm holding out hope but worried how she will be after such huge internal trauma!!

Lads this was caused by mould on grass cuttings in our compost heap, I never knew that this could happen... I bought this place so the dogs had more room, people were home and the dogs have been here 5 months now and generally lay out in the sun after a little mooch about...

I'm gutted and genuinely a bit shocked... I thought I should put a warning up as I honestly didn't know about the dangers of mould and compost heaps...

A few lads knew her as the Croc... she was a great little thing and made every walk an adventure.

image007_zpsk2mummjx.jpg

I'm very sorry for the loss of certain dogs. How is the little Terrier? I'm not bothered what people think of myself but those dogs are your best friends and they never let you down. Ok perhaps sometimes when working but for companions they have no equal. So called friends, brother's sisters and your parents will turn against you. But dogs, never, ever!Please keep us informed.

• Like 1

image007_zpsk2mummjx.jpg

I'm very sorry for the loss of certain dogs. How is the little Terrier? I'm not bothered what people think of myself but those dogs are your best friends and they never let you down. Ok perhaps sometimes when working but for companions they have no equal. So called friends, brother's sisters and your parents will turn against you. But dogs, never, ever!Please keep us informed.

Thanks for the kind words.

The little lurcher pulled through and I brought her home today, all rules have been broken and she's now crashed out on the sofa!!

Gutted to lose the croc, but so pleased Martha pulled through... tough little bugger, must be that dash of beddy!! lol

• Like 1