Dont Want To Start One Of These Hate Things

Ok you can shoot game with a catapult , pigeons rabbits ect with a bb or lead shot ( smooth rock??? ) You cannot shoot a rabbit or pigeon with an arrow from a sling shot . You cannot shoot a rabbit or pigeon with a bow (crossbow) and arrow . This is my question can you shoot a rabbit or a pigeon with the shoot tek rubber powered bow slingshot thing with a BB . if not why not ? can you shoot a rabbit or pigeon with the shoot tek ar 480 using a BB . it has the accuracy of an air gun and all the power needed to do the job . If not why not ? My thought is realy there is no difference between a bow and a catapult .It is just the ammo used . Start the abuse here................

• Like 2

I think by the time you work out the answer to your question, the rabbit or pigeon would of fecked off, I really like the starship catty,s but you can't hide them and if you sling them in the hedge the person your trying to hide it from just picks it up so really for me a catty is a small discreet fork and elastic set up that I can just throw in the hedge rather than try and work out the legal arguments with the local Bobby and not some of these laser sighted multi elasticated rifle type things the Chinese seem to be into, just get a rifle and a catty covered all angles

some funny laws on what we can use and what we cant use

I agree mate .......

I can't order a silencer to be delivered to me but, I can order a 200lb crossbow with as many bolts and broadheads as I want :rolleyes:

I thought crossbows were quiet enough without a silencer
  • 2 weeks later...

It's not just catties.

The banning of archery equipment for hunting was a travesty of justice and prevented it being done wrong by zero.

Hand guns being banned is the same.

Catties are not defined in law so kind of neither illegal or legal.

It's like muzzle loading rifles, fine for target shooting in the eyes of the home office but a no go for hunting with and that is despite there not being any written legislation banning their use for hunting!

Ironically one can use a smooth bore to hunt with! Go figure.

Alot of these laws were/are heavily influenced by the anti hunting groups. Read: very little logic!

• Like 1

It's not just catties.

The banning of archery equipment for hunting was a travesty of justice and prevented it being done wrong by zero.

It's like muzzle loading rifles, fine for target shooting in the eyes of the home office but a no go for hunting with and that is despite there not being any written legislation banning their use for hunting!

Alot of these laws were/are heavily influenced by the anti hunting groups. Read: very little logic!

thanks that makes a bit more sense now . If it is possible to make sense of non sense . I guess hunting with a cattie if someone took offense they could get you for cruelty .

It's not just catties.

thanks that makes a bit more sense now . If it is possible to make sense of non sense . I guess hunting with a cattie if someone took offense they could get you for cruelty .
Yes.

I wondered what the law is on spears and the such? Throwing spears?

U.

It's not just catties.

Yes.

I wondered what the law is on spears and the such? Throwing spears?

U.

it may come under stabbing wild life ..not allowed .. but one may be able to argue the need to maintain diversity of cultures in England Scotland and Wales , so today in the diverse country of Britain hunting with spears should be a must . It will create a rich diverse hunting culture mirroring that of the high st takeaway .

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Its only illegal if you get caught if your close enough to kill something with a catapult you should be good enough to get away ? :hmm::whistling:

and that is the spirit of catty shooting, I,m not very fast at running but in over forty years of catty shooting I,ve never had my collar felt for it