Dogs Nail Completely Fell Out

Bit of advice please lads

I've just found one of my dogs toe nails , back left 3rd one in , on the floor , a complete nail , just like one of the kids teeth has just fell out , she's in no pain at all and don't seem to bother her , is the here any think I should be concerned with

Thanks in advance

Dave

Bit of advice please lads

I've just found one of my dogs toe nails , back left 3rd one in , on the floor , a complete nail , just like one of the kids teeth has just fell out , she's in no pain at all and don't seem to bother her , is the here any think I should be concerned with

Thanks in advance

Dave

I think my main concern would be the hole/wound it left, keeping it clean and stopping any infection, what does it look like, is it dry and clean/healed, if not a quick squirt with some blue spray would be my first action

Worth keeping a can about, cuts and nicks on paws, bites, thorns, you name it.

Holiday was awesome, great to get away for a few days, long distant memory now, nose to the grindstone again !

• Like 1

Had it happen a few times.

I think it's just like when we damage a nail and it grows back.

The dog is it more pain when it's hanging on by a thread. More relieved when it comes off.

Just keep it clean salt water regularly and keep an eye on will be fine

• Like 1

years ago i had a big collie /grey anyway one day i noticed one of his nails fell off didnt take much notice then another a week or so later then another anyway eventually they all fell off then his teeth started to get loose then he died auto imune syndrome;;

I've looked at my dog every nite when I get home and have bathed the paw every morning and night, and it seems ok

Up to now , fingers crossed

Sorry to read about your dog r hog , bad news that mate , I don't now what I'd do if mine ever got like that ! Thanks for all your help lads

ATB

Dave

I had a german shepherd that caught the nail amd pulled it out, if it takes the root then it a never grow bk but if the root is disturbed it may grow bk funny(slightly facing up so doesn't get ground down when walking)