How Are The Rest Of The Litter Doing?

Astanley

The bitch works kinda close newkid but if hot on a line she will travel out atb mud

Thanks mate, very smart looking animals...

I'm thinking of going down the terrier x cocker route... didn't consider bull tbh... I'd imagine they are quite a bright dog,

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got a litter sister here and can't fault her. Keen as mustard, makes my walks much more interesting and gives the lurchers plenty of work. Certainly not a one trick pony. Ferrets well, works any

I know a few on here have littermates to this girl (who is perfect for me ) how are they doing ?

Mines ticking along nicely and giving The lurchers abit of fun atb mud

Posted Images

Have any of you lad thort of breeding them in the future? I was just think what cross would work well over them ???

I would like to breed mine eventually. Possibly go down the full spaniel route. Springer x cocker maybe. I think 1/4 bull goes a long way and would be plenty.

• Like 1

I'm new to owning a busher, been out with loads mind but never owned one before. So with a bit of a clue on half bred bull types, took a punt on one of these as my first busher.

To be honest shes bags of fun and i love that little bully attitude with stuff and she looks smart too...

But dont kid yourselves.. Handsome is, as handsome does...

These things are only 50% cocker, thats all your busher!

In my opinion they are the/a baseline to breed future, better bushers from whatever type would suit, put that over mine and you will improve on it.

Not taking anything away from these little tanks, nor their creator, who for me had the forsight an balls to try such a cross in the first place but bang another busher over these an i'm sure you'll get better bushers...

Save any green eyes for other types ;)

With all due respect and deference to you Boatswain ,I think your simplifying the cross ,true its only 50% cocker ,so on paper its only 50% busher\hunter but I have seen pure bulls with excellent noses ,real prey drive and good biddability intact I have owned staffs that have made decent Busher's ,not great ,but provided sport ,I once owned a wheaten that only size prevented it from being a top class busher ,the cocker adds nose and a touch of class ,I don't want my dog to follow a line , I want it to do exactly what this x does ,work cover tirelessly ,put shit out for me ,so for certain people it is the finished article ,and the green eyes are deserved .atb

• Like 3

It wouldn't of been my first chose but it looks like it worked out well.as said bulls have great noses.

I like this litter..Very smart animals indeed.

With all due respect and deference to you Boatswain ,I think your simplifying the cross ,true its only 50% cocker ,so on paper its only 50% busher\hunter but I have seen pure bulls with excellent noses ,real prey drive and good biddability intact I have owned staffs that have made decent Busher's ,not great ,but provided sport ,I once owned a wheaten that only size prevented it from being a top class busher ,the cocker adds nose and a touch of class ,I don't want my dog to follow a line , I want it to do exactly what this x does ,work cover tirelessly ,put shit out for me ,so for certain people it is the finished article ,and the green eyes are deserved .atb

Bang on that post. I couldn't agree more. If I could have a pup bred the same way tomorrow then I would snap it up. This bitch suits me down to the ground. I've shown her to a few lads now and they were all impressed with her as a busher.

Interesting topic

I,ve seen gazs dog work,it's a decent dog......I,d have it at my house

What to put it too is the question .....it's pretty much the full package as it is for a busher

To a spaniel I cross if you wanted more of a shooting dog or hound cross for bigger land

Put back to beagle or beagle terrier would create a good fox driving dog.

What would the beagle add mate to make these better at driving fox out? You thinking of something that follows a line? What sort of distance?