Im talking a line Bosun. A line that has been going for generation after generation for 20-30yrs. Can you honestly compare one?

Yes i can RH...

Mr Park's line of dogs, dogs i've owned and worked.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't she like fudge but just harder

There's fellas in the game 20/30years who no everything about nothing. A lad with the right attitude no matter how many years he's at it is worth ten of them no it all ignorant fellas.

The fifth dig to a Treacle pup this season, another Roxett grandson

Posted Images

lol.. so let me get this straight.... NS stuff is the best line of terriers out there? how long has this line been going? about 25 years...

There are terriers out there in yards at this minute with more history than that behind them and are being worked as hard as NS would have worked his...only difference is Stevens couldn't wait to get his out of the ground... he said himself he wouldn't let a dog settle... so some terriers be allowed to settle longer than it would have been to do his whole dig... and still digging four a day ...November we were still putting dogs in rangey spots at 6.15 pm when hounds were found at marks.. I think some men commenting on here may have started or been introduced to terrierwork through hunts?

Also has the man not given up the terriers?

• Like 4

To be fair RH, these days i dont know how close JP's dogs are, as i kept them 20+ years ago. Dogs off Mick and Jimmy.

My mates (since kids) still keep and work them, along with another friend who lives a bit further south.

I've seen ns's stuff dug too, JC was one. I had a mate flat out for his stuff years ago. We met him at that international working terrier match in the Midlands and it went from there. Decent enough dogs for sure. And i'm sure there are others too..

Forget what Ive wrote. I cant get my point across properly so it's like pissing in the wind.

R.H. I think I understand what your trying to say... the best terriers you have seen and dug to have been stevens stuff?

The best men you seen working a dog owned Stevens stuff?

So its understandable why you have the opinion you do.

So would it be safe to say... you may just have been very limited in witnessing other types and breeds with different men ?

This is a genuine question...

I wouldn't necessarily say so mate. I've dug Wheeler, 'old' Nuttall, Gould dogs and also 'scatter bred' (workerxworker). Were they good? Yes. Were they from a family of dogs that is dug all over the place, by different men with high standards with all of the same aim with no money involved? NO. Simple as that.

I wouldn't necessarily say so mate. I've dug Wheeler, 'old' Nuttall, Gould dogs and also 'scatter bred' (workerxworker). Were they good? Yes. Were they from a family of dogs that is dug all over the place, by different men with high standards with all of the same aim with no money involved? NO. Simple as that.

Theres hundreds off men out their with the exact same attitude as yourself, and we all don't keep Stevens stuf.... its as hard to meet the men with the same mental attitude as the dog he works!

Iv just came out of the pub from watching the boxing. Got chatting to a nice bloke...said his terriers is nuttal x Wheeler. Truth be told what's happened is he's bought the dog and it's been sold as that. Like rabbit hunter...the most successful kennels iv seen have n.n.s blood influenced in them

Yes there's one or two other kennels who are going strong without it....but 1 or 2 compared to the amount that we hear of through friends?

Parks...don't hear of that much anymore. I'd love to meet the man myself, there's a lad that travels to Wales with a kennel full of parks blood but only 1 name stood out from the whole kennel he owned.

one thing thats bugging me is this

why does jcs name get thrown in here a lot when he was not a digging dog he covered a few bitches so im told

and secondly he was an outx as he was a ns bitch and someone else's dog not a dig or a jibe

one thing thats bugging me is this

why does jcs name get thrown in here a lot when he was not a digging dog he covered a few bitches so im told

and secondly he was an outx as he was a ns bitch and someone else's dog not a dig or a jibe

What was he used for then?