was always told a terrier mans yard should be like a bag of tools

a dog for different jobs

some dogs dont like working stones

some dont like hay stacks

some wont push in wet drains

when your with hounds you need all and more of the above to be covered

welsh foxes on the hill are a cut above the rest

Im sure ns kept what he had for a reason to please himself and to do what he wanted with them work

seems the guy is a bit like marmite you either love him or hate him

If some dogs don't like working any of the above then they shouldn't be a Terriermans dogs......

So what if you had a dog that didn't like the stones but was a very devent dog in an earth? One that could get anywhere...would you not keep him? Most terrierman have 3 boxes on the bike...pick the 3 that will suit. Like strongbow said...as handy as they are/were on a hunting day, still not to be bred from.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't she like fudge but just harder

There's fellas in the game 20/30years who no everything about nothing. A lad with the right attitude no matter how many years he's at it is worth ten of them no it all ignorant fellas.

The fifth dig to a Treacle pup this season, another Roxett grandson

Posted Images

a dog for different jobs

Im sure ns kept what he had for a reason to please himself and to do what he wanted with them work

If some dogs don't like working any of the above then they shouldn't be a Terriermans dogs......
So what if you had a dog that didn't like the stones but was a very devent dog in an earth? One that could get anywhere...would you not keep him? Most terrierman have 3 boxes on the bike...pick the 3 that will suit. Like strongbow said...as handy as they are/were on a hunting day, still not to be bred from.

I would think the dog isn't all that if it didn't try it's best regardless of terrain.

a dog for different jobs

I would think the dog isn't all that if it didn't try it's best regardless of terrain.
couldnt be dealing with choosey terriers..

a dog for different jobs

you must have a good kennel of terriers

a dog for different jobs

thats what you would strive for but how many people have kennels full of dogs doing it all?

a dog for different jobs

you must have a good kennel of terriers
no better then the next genuine man, Iv never been one for making do with what I had I'd rather have none..

As far as I'm concerned I've no need for any dog that won't stay in a soil earth ,the rest are for another lifetime .I'd like to think any dog I have would stay with a fox regardless what's over its back though .

Hunt days require a different animal,we are all agreed, to those of us that require a stay all day type .Most pros breed to the staying type with the few that don't make the grade becoming the bolting ,hunt day terriers .Some outside of hunting and a few within seem to value these terriers and breed from them ,hammering nails in the type which is then sometimes peddled as the real thing .Buyers are understandably pissed off that the line hasn't stood up to its roots .

• Like 2