Election Time..????

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its a chance she going to take, there is little point in trying to plan a future with them lot sniping away in the background, lets see where we all stand on a national scale, then we can maybe move o

I'm thinking Conservative - even though May voted remain, at least she had the balls to stand up and give the electorate what they voted for, after her predecessor chucked his toys on the floor and wa

For me it's all about who I hate least at the moment I hate may and the Tories less than I hate the whingeing failed student minded left

Posted Images

If there is an upset could it change Brexit?

Most definitely the lib dems are already seeing this as there chance to "roll back brexit"... I doubt it will come to that but stranger things have happened in politics recently.

• Like 1

Most definitely the lib dems are already seeing this as there chance to "roll back brexit"... I doubt it will come to that but stranger things have happened in politics recently.

So essentially this could be a referendum, on the the referendum? :hmm:

An outside chance, granted, but it suddenly looks more plausible depending on the result.

• Like 1

So essentially this could be a referendum, on the the referendum? :hmm:An outside chance, granted, but it suddenly looks more plausible depending on the result.
As artical 50 has already been put forward I don't think there's any going back ..but if the libs got in then brexit would be so soft I don't think there would be much Change to what we have now with the EU and probably worse.

So essentially this could be a referendum, on the the referendum? :hmm:An outside chance, granted, but it suddenly looks more plausible depending on the result.
As artical 50 has already been put forward I don't think there's any going back ..but if the libs got in then brexit would be so soft I don't think there would be much Change to what we have now with the EU and probably worse.

I read an interesting piece about Lord Kerr, the Author of Article 50, he said it was reversible, but obviously highly unlikely under present circumstances.......

• Like 2

Scot is really voting for the SNP :laugh::laugh: , this could work in favour of the indy campain.

Wee Jimmy said may is only feathering her own nest or words to that effect. ...talk about kettle pot black :laugh:

Hard to gauge the mood, living over here, but I doubt there would be an upset. Like you said though there's a lot of things happened, politically, that would have been called impossible 12 months ago. From what I've read recently Article 50 can be reversed with the run up to the deadline, but it would be a colossal pain in the arse.

Might be time for people to get off their arses, and vote, just to be sure. This could be a pretty big turn out!

• Like 1

Theresa May will not take part in general election debates, say Tory party sources

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-general-election-debates-not-take-part-jeremy-corbyn-tory-party-leader-conservatives-lib-a7689361.html

Theresa May will decline any invitation to take part in televised debates held in the run-up to a general election proposed for 8 June, The Independent understands.

Conservative Party sources said the Prime Minister will not be taking part in the customary pre-election TV debates, which have become a regular event in the UKs election cycle.

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, reacting to the news, said: "Elections and democracy are about public debate. So its rather strange that only a couple of hours after calling for a general election, the Prime Minister is saying shes not going to take part in TV debates.

"I say to Theresa May, who said this election was about leadership: come on and show some. Lets have the debates. Its what democracy needs and what the British people deserve."

Edited by BGD

Hard to gauge the mood, living over here, but I doubt there would be an upset. Like you said though there's a lot of things happened, politically, that would have been called impossible 12 months ago. From what I've read recently Article 50 can be reversed with the run up to the deadline, but it would be a colossal pain in the arse.

Might be time for people to get off their arses, and vote, just to be sure. This could be a pretty big turn out!

Exactly my point of saying I think conservative is the only way to vote if you voted for brexit this time around ...let's get the job done we can sort out the rest later .

Theresa May will not take part in general election debates, say Tory party sourceshttp://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-general-election-debates-not-take-part-jeremy-corbyn-tory-party-leader-conservatives-lib-a7689361.html

Theresa May will decline any invitation to take part in televised debates held in the run-up to a general election proposed for 8 June, The Independent understands.

Conservative Party sources said the Prime Minister will not be taking part in the customary pre-election TV debates, which have become a regular event in the UKs election cycle.

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, reacting to the news, said: "Elections and democracy are about public debate. So its rather strange that only a couple of hours after calling for a general election, the Prime Minister is saying shes not going to take part in TV debates.

"I say to Theresa May, who said this election was about leadership: come on and show some. Lets have the debates. Its what democracy needs and what the British people deserve."

Wasn't long ago she was saying there would be no snap elections and yet here we are ...a day is a long time in politics of recent lol