Le Pen & The French Elections

Im touched you think a wee country like scotland has so much sway over the rest of the uk and influences the political tide.

The point is your over-represented and globalists (not you personally,but most jocks).

There will be no England soon if things carry on,what good's the union then?

I'm glad the SNP's in power there,because it blocks Labour down here,but sooner or later the SNP'll f**k up and Labour will retake Scotland straight away.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope she wins and wins easily. I look forward to the days we will be looking back on these times discussing corrupt politics and crazy immigration policy as something we can never ever let happen ag

Partly to blame then....no one should die or be raped by those animals but if its going to happen then let it happen to those who welcome them with open arms

the world is slowly waking up too the fact its been lied too and played, mainstream media is unreliable not to be trusted its far too tainted, the censoring of 4chan says it all,

Posted Images

I refer you to my previous post you obv do not understand scotland or

Its people.

Scotland is very much a predominately pro union.Snp are f***ing up and yet again youre bleak look of the UK is way off!

Scots are starting to go go towards conservative.

The activism that is most effective is on the internet since you can reach more people with less effort. At some point people will also have to take it on the streets which has been a very effective tactic of the left for many decades, it makes them look like they've got much bigger support for their causes than they do. Unfortunately when people do take it on the streets they are met with violent protests by the left, look at the EDL for example or when Milo attempted to speak at Burkley.

The most effective activism, short of armed revolution, is actually turning up and casting a vote at the polls. Social media, memes, MSM, alternative media, smashing shit up, all serve as an entertainment for the most of it. The actual result of the election shows exactly who supports who, and who couldn't be bothered engaging in the process.

I also toyed with the ideas of Libertarianism but the fact is there is zero chance that a Libertarian party can ever get in power in my opinion, UKIP started out as Libertarian but it was virtually impossible to persuade people so they morphed in to a populist centrist party.

Can't argue with that, in the UK. It's a 3 horse race at the most, but I vote with who I feel best represents me. So should everyone.

P.S I don't think being interested in something is bleating ;) I talk about it on THL because I enjoy the discussions we have on here....but Facebook, Twitter and Youtube is the real battleground of ideas and it's very interesting to watch.

THL, like all social media is, for the most, an echo chamber of preconceived bias. We don't come on here to read about left wing politics, or where the hunt sabs are meeting up. We're certainly not here as part of the islamic drop in centre. Same with the other places. The chances are we're not trying to broadly expand our information base. We're looking for information that expands what we already believe.

That and it's a pretty good craic... :thumbs:

• Like 2

I'm disappointed she lost but it was to be expected. Maybe she will increase her popularity between now and the next French presidential election, and that will finish off the EU if it's not already gone by then. I can only hope.

• Like 1

The activism that is most effective is on the internet since you can reach more people with less effort. At some point people will also have to take it on the streets which has been a very effective tactic of the left for many decades, it makes them look like they've got much bigger support for their causes than they do. Unfortunately when people do take it on the streets they are met with violent protests by the left, look at the EDL for example or when Milo attempted to speak at Burkley.

The most effective activism, short of armed revolution, is actually turning up and casting a vote at the polls. Social media, memes, MSM, alternative media, smashing shit up, all serve as an entertainment for the most of it. The actual result of the election shows exactly who supports who, and who couldn't be bothered engaging in the process.

You still have to spread ideas though especially if they are new or different to the standard politics, the populists/nationalists have really captivated an audience by spreading a message of 'hope & change' see what I did there :laugh: . Whether you like him or not this is most stark in the Trump victory where supporting his was made cool & dissident by the online activists. The meme war was a real thing it attracted people who may not have bothered voting especially young voters and I think without that campaign Trump wouldn't have won. Also many of the Bernie supporters probably didn't vote for Hillary because she didn't offer anything new or different.

I do agree it is entertainment though, I personally really enjoyed the Trump campaign, triggering leftists was hilarious especially with the Pepe stuff, they fell for it hook line and sinker :laugh:

A Le Pen victory would have been the nail in the coffin for the EU which is why I wanted to see her win, I will learn the lesson of over optimism but on the whole I am still confident we're going to get the changes I want, the EU either collapsing or radically changing, a return to nation state democracy and dare I dream....an end to globalism and open borders :)

A real populist does what the majority of the people want, rather than what he decides is in their interests. I would vote for a real populist over an elitist any day.

Edited by C556
  • Like 1

I'm disappointed she lost but it was to be expected. Maybe she will increase her popularity between now and the next French presidential election, and that will finish off the EU if it's not already gone by then. I can only hope.

She's more than doubled the numbers that her farther managed so it's progression whatever way you look at it :thumbs:

• Like 1

She's more than doubled the numbers that her farther managed so it's progression whatever way you look at it :thumbs:

Her problem is the over 40s just cannot bring themselves to vote for the party or her name, it would be like Nick Griffin trying to rebrand and appeal to a wider audience.

The fact that there are 11 million people open to her ideas suggests to me that under a different party name and lead by someone without baggage it is definitely doable. Also they have to carry a message of hope and not been seen as the angry party which is how most people see the old school nationalist parties.

I didn't get to see the debate she had because I couldn't find one with subtitles but Accip was right by all accounts, I watched 2 hours of hardcore nationalists discussing her and the French were really p*ssed off with her as she just attacked and attacked and didn't talk about her policies. They said that angry and aggressive was not the French way and it's turned them off her where as Macron came off as more typically French, classy and smooth.

I think she has brought them a long way but can carry them only so far, time to step aside for someone more vibrant and exciting

• Like 2

If I put a bet on with every UK forum member who said Greece, Spain, Italy, France, Greece again, Italy again, Brexit, Trump, Wilders, Le Pen (have I forgotten anyone?) was going to finish the EU I'd never have to work a day in my life again.

• Like 1

If I put a bet on with every UK forum member who said Greece, Spain, Italy, France, Greece again, Italy again, Brexit, Trump, Wilders, Le Pen (have I forgotten anyone?) was going to finish the EU I'd never have to work a day in my life again.

I'm surprised anyone thinks the EU will continue to survive in it's present form. The Banking crisis hasn't gone away, the EU countries have no tools to fight another recession since interest rates are virtually zero, debt to GDP is through the roof and QE has been going on for years. Greece will never be able to pay off it's debt and all of the Southern European economies are in tatters. The German economy benefited hugely from the devalued Euro and the bailouts which propped up their economy but Germany could be in trouble because almost half of it's GDP comes from exports, most of which go to other European countries. Another recession will happen it's just a matter of time, if it happens within two years it could easily turn in to a second global crisis far worse that 2008. It is during the bad times that people turn to populist or nationalist ideals and by kicking the can down the road there is a very real chance that what we will get is worse or at least more extreme than Trump or Le Pen. Macron will bring no change, it is likely the parliament will be very fractured and require blocks to be formed between multiple parties and lack cohesion. The survival of the EU to pay off it's debts relies on a return to economic growth which I don't see coming. In my opinion the EU is in it's death throws, but like an empire it will take time to die.

You still have to spread ideas though especially if they are new or different to the standard politics, the populists/nationalists have really captivated an audience by spreading a message of 'hope & change' see what I did there :laugh: . Whether you like him or not this is most stark in the Trump victory where supporting his was made cool & dissident by the online activists. The meme war was a real thing it attracted people who may not have bothered voting especially young voters and I think without that campaign Trump wouldn't have won. Also many of the Bernie supporters probably didn't vote for Hillary because she didn't offer anything new or different.

Oh I agree with what you're saying about spreading ideas but you're spreading them to a like minded audience. That's how echo chambers work. You're not going to convince anyone they're wrong if you're posting memes and articles that they already agree with.

You're preaching to the choir.

Trump was elected as a protest vote. If you think online activism has more to do with his popularity than the rural hatred for Hilary, then you've been reading too much mainstream media! (see what I did there?) :thumbs:

I'm surprised anyone thinks the EU will continue to survive in it's present form. The Banking crisis hasn't gone away, the EU countries have no tools to fight another recession since interest rates are virtually zero, debt to GDP is through the roof and QE has been going on for years. Greece will never be able to pay off it's debt and all of the Southern European economies are in tatters. The German economy benefited hugely from the devalued Euro and the bailouts which propped up their economy but Germany could be in trouble because almost half of it's GDP comes from exports, most of which go to other European countries. Another recession will happen it's just a matter of time, if it happens within two years it could easily turn in to a second global crisis far worse that 2008. It is during the bad times that people turn to populist or nationalist ideals and by kicking the can down the road there is a very real chance that what we will get is worse or at least more extreme than Trump or Le Pen. Macron will bring no change, it is likely the parliament will be very fractured and require blocks to be formed between multiple parties and lack cohesion. The survival of the EU to pay off it's debts relies on a return to economic growth which I don't see coming. In my opinion the EU is in it's death throws, but like an empire it will take time to die.

Lol, sure everything dies in the end. That's hardly a prediction is it? I mean our sun will die eventually so the whole lot will go. It's the continual "XYZ" will do them in that's boring. Then the same individuals whinge when the EU take a tough line on Brexit negotiations. :whistling:

Break down of youth voters for Le Pen
18-24: 44% Le Pen
25-34: 38% Le Pen

Over 20% of French teenagers are of foreign dissent which makes that 44% much higher out of the native French youth, I doubt many North Africans voted Le Pen

Over all split by gender all ages
37% of women
33% of men
Finally
Apparently 80% of Baby Boomer generation voted Macron
Edit
C_PpOhGXgAAFx-H.jpg