Pro Pest Control Suppliers/manufacturers

Guest vin

Hello all.

I'm in the process of setting up to go solo on the pest control.

I work for local authorities at moment and have never had to buy a sack of bait or tub of blocks etc..

I'll be needing a Gloria Sprayer and a DR5 duster,a wasp Dustik etc etc.Plus all the usual insecticides.

All our stuff comes from killgerm,I was wondering if anyone else buys stuff of better quality/price/value for money anywhere else in the UK ?

I'm on a a none existent budget at the moment .

Same goes for Insurance,public Liability, paperwork for invoices... it all adds up to a scary amount.

Any help,pointers to websites would be very much appreciated.

atb

Vin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whatever you need,...your true pals will help you out You are in a unique position,...so much free information to glean and benefit from,...the truth of the matter is,.you can earn and learn,..with

To start with I would keep it simple.   Advertise in local magazines/parish magazines (a cheaper option) place a free advert on Yell.com. do a good job and on time when you get calls. Look smart, b

Killgerm, Pelsis, 1env all have plus and minus for each. Buying cheap is fine if you want to be buying the kit again and again! Don't skimp on Gloria or duster they are a good bit of kit that lasts.

There's no "good" supplier mate. They are all out to empty your pockets and line theirs. Best thing is to shop about. There's enough of them. KG. SX. Barratine. Lodi. Etc. For your baits and sprays.

As for traps there's loads out there on the net. Fourteenacre. Colin's traps or go direct to the manufacturer.

Best of luck twinkles.

Killgerm, Pelsis, 1env all have plus and minus for each. Buying cheap is fine if you want to be buying the kit again and again! Don't skimp on Gloria or duster they are a good bit of kit that lasts.

Buy cheap buy twice!

Nothing in pest control is cheap except busy fools working for nothing driving prices down just to do a job or two!!!

Edited by ratattack
  • Like 1

Bear in mind a lot of smaller suppliers buy wholesale from Killgerm and then proceed to knock the gear out cheaper due to careless bulk discounting by kg reps. Having said that, KG' s customer service is 2nd to none.

If I could give you one piece of advice to save you money, it would be to beware of splurging £££'s on a website. Unless you're prepared to pay additional fees for AdWords, a website alone counts for ckuff-all when you're starting out.

I went on my own 18 years ago and have never looked back. Killgerm have always been great with me, nothing is to much trouble for them and customer service has been spot on. I've occasionally been swayed with other suppliers but always gone back to kg.

As ratattack said don't scrimp on your main tools. Look at other people's paperwork then develop your own and go to a local printers.

Contract work is your bread and butter so start putting feelers out now.

Ask if you need any more details or pm.

Good luck.

• Like 1

To start with I would keep it simple.

Advertise in local magazines/parish magazines (a cheaper option) place a free advert on Yell.com. do a good job and on time when you get calls. Look smart, be professional, leave a written report every time.

Word of mouth goes along way when starting out, do a good job for someone and they recommend you to others.

It will start slowly, but will build.

Could try adverts placed on notice boards when your passing them, it all helps.

Charge properly to start with, if you are too cheap, you will get work but will not be sustainable.

Good Luck

• Like 2

thanks everyone for the tips.

I don't intend on buying any cheap equipment..deffo want a Gloria and a DR5..might even go for the stainless steel one.

Ok so lets start with outdoor plastic rat bait stations.. I thought killgerms we not that cheap ?

What or where do you chaps go..please don't say ebay...lol. has anyone bought any that were cheap but rubbish etc ..I don't mind paying a little bit extra for something that's quality etc but the ones we use at work I cannot see on any site so far.

PMs if you don't want to be giving any trade secrets away.

Hello all.

I'm in the process of setting up to go solo on the pest control.

I work for local authorities at moment and have never had to buy a sack of bait or tub of blocks etc..

I'll be needing a Gloria Sprayer and a DR5 duster,a wasp Dustik etc etc.Plus all the usual insecticides.

All our stuff comes from killgerm,I was wondering if anyone else buys stuff of better quality/price/value for money anywhere else in the UK ?

I'm on a a none existent budget at the moment .

Same goes for Insurance,public Liability, paperwork for invoices... it all adds up to a scary amount.

Any help,pointers to websites would be very much appreciated.

atb

Vin

Same here Good luck with it vin

I use killgerm but just had a catalogue from 1env and it looks spot on, i know they have some good deals now and again. That mesto S/S sprayer looks pretty good for the price that they are championing plus a bottle of insecticide thrown in.

Thing with killgerm is they have a brilliant team. I had issues with a dr5 i bought and they had it collected and picked up/sent back, really couldnt fault them for that - maybe the rest do similar, i dont know, but what dealings ive had, killgerm are really good.

I've tried em all , it's best just to keep an eye out for deals . However 90+% of what i buy comes from Killgerm , yes the af boxes are not cheap , but i do like them , the atom box is considerably cheaper . Killgerm do offer great customer service and the rep is always there for help and advice .

Beware though , it's best to buy the best you can once . You don't need to buy loads of gear to start with , just what you need as the jobs come in. most suppliers do next day delivery .

A good way to start would be to either have a hefty bank balance or find a part-time job to do as well.

Edited by Rowan
  • Like 1