Any Advice On Climbing Snowden

My brother inlaw & i did it with 7 dogs all off leads was a great walk foggy as fcuk at top & snowmost of the way. Dont do pig trail its shit. Hope you enjoy it. As said take water & snack & a £10 for parking. dogs loved it ? Atb

• Like 1

If I have dogs I only really use llanberis route although during the holidays it will be busy on the main routes and takes a bit of the magic away when it's busy IMO still a great site at the top on a clear day though, as been said pack appropriately you can generally take 10 to 15 deg off the temp from top to bottom and that without wind chill enjoy

• Like 1

i did llanberis route last year

middle of july ,brilliant sun at the bottom ,driving rain and freezing at the top

wear good boots and carry waterproofs,warm clothing food etc

That's what Helvellyn was like when I went in july years ago, dangerous even in summer, conditions can change in the blink of an eye in these places

Use the footpath

Stay within eye distance of others

Take a bag, waterproofed with line

Spare warm jacaket, hat, gloves, water and sustainable food

Waterproof jacket essential

Nice easy pace, 4kph

And shit roll.

• Like 1

Just come back from visiting parents up there. Watkin path can be a quieter option. Miners is about the quickest but can get busy. Parking is tricky unless you are there early. Gets too busy for me so I prefer to go wild camping in other areas around there. The dogs can have a better run then. ATB.