Lidle Find

This was actually spotted a few years ago in a garden VERY close to me,and filmed through the patio doors.

what is that mac,,,,is it one of the domestc breeds

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I just met up with greyman and seen the footage he has and here is my verdict .......   As far as I'm concerned I was looking at a video of a young mountain lion type big cat ... the video is o

Not just big cats we have roaming the countryside in the UK, we've got some big primates also. Managed to capture this image of a mountain gorilla in a secret location in the Scottish highlands just a

Id like to thank socks, had a lovely drive up saw my first hare of the year and also a red kite on the way back, met a decent like minded bloke that has certainly had many years experience and knows h

Posted Images

I'm a bit of a fence sitter on big cats have seen what I thought was one a few years ago and got rubbished a bit for saying so.

On the half eaten carcass images - is it normal for a big cat to eat the skin? I don't see it stripped off anywhere.

This was actually spotted a few years ago in a garden VERY close to me,and filmed through the patio doors.

here mac,,,or where you are now in france?

That serval was near my home in surrey Tomo.

• Like 1

An escapee then I'd assume? Think keeping a serval cat requires a licence and would need to be kept in a secure housing. Cat like that could easily get by in the wild but it's hardly keeping a low profile ?
  • Like 2

This is no disrespect to anyone who beliefs in big cats uk I just think it's crazy to belief cats which got the potential to reach those sizes are hiding in such a small crowed place like the uk and never get seen moving hundreds of miles across main motorways and other busy areas I think there's a lot if thaw bengal cats about and that's what people see sometimes and not disputing the cases of people releasing them in past or escaping but imo they ain't still out there my question to socks is now you have seen this photo video grey man produced has it made you think they are out there or not

Also greyman glad you are dedicated To it and here's to hoping you can finally come up with something to get concrete evedence as your clearly very interested good luck to youv

in country,s were we know they excist they are bloody hard to find in Rajasthan they have just got a drone with thermal imaging camera on to count the native population of cats as its impossible to find them,

I have been to rajasthan a few times,its not impossible to find them if you really want to see a leopard in rajasthan there are several companies that will take you out and you have a high percentage of chance seeing one,thats why the companies have sprung up,its a desert state,mainly scrub in the areas I went,the companies tend to concentrate their sightings near rocky areas where the leopards den up.
I know you can find one or two but you still could not say what the populations are, you see a few in a country there are many, I have just had the paper sent to me from there regarding the new drone, believe it or not many people in this country doing the research actually spend time in places like momby and Rajasthan working with local groups and they are also very helpful with what we do here, as I,ve said before I am a lowly foot soldier in all of this but there are many biologists, university lecturers and people who travel the world working on different wildlife projects that are involved, so it's not just one mad old poacher and a handful of trail cameras, I am copied into some pretty interesting emails from all Over and do have access to many very knowledgeable and interesting people http://www.hindustantimes.com/jaipur/drones-thermal-sensing-cameras-to-monitor-big-cats-in-rajasthan-soon/story-5o679SghRfnWCnQKyO3VsN.html. If this link works it's the first time I've ever copied and pasted

I don't know about the population mate,all I said was they aren't that difficult to see in rajasthan if someone really wants to see them,i think I also saw a leopard watching safari in rajasthan on a TV program a year or two back,rajasthan is actually one of the best places to spot a wild leopard in India,heres a typical safari report....

https://www.ft.com/content/45375fb6-874c-11e3-9c5c-00144feab7de

Pesky that serval was an escapee,a guy breeds them and flogs the kittens for a couple of grand apiece,he is an ex copper,the cat was recaptured after a couple of days,the odd thing is pod had the helicopter up after someone spotted a leopard walking across the road :icon_eek:

I'm a bit of a fence sitter on big cats have seen what I thought was one a few years ago and got rubbished a bit for saying so.

On the half eaten carcass images - is it normal for a big cat to eat the skin? I don't see it stripped off anywhere.

it's normally kind of rolled back it's more evident on the few sheep carcasses I,ve seen, the deer are always just a head and shoulders left and the legs scattered around, just think how much shit I get if you got rubbished for saying you saw one once, don't worry about it I know what I saw and I,m on a mission to prove it, if your really honest with yourself you know what you saw, but it just seems to mental for your brain to accept what your eyes told it, I get the piss taken out of me constantly, but that just pushes me on, and from being like yourself I am now 100 percent that I will achieve what I,ve set out to do and get a full proof no questions case in a few more years if I can stay fit enough or have a good enough case I can pass on for someone else to finish if I don't make it, fact is often stranger than fiction remember

was it ever in the paper that one? and did anyone ever come forward to say they had lost ? something I would imaging but will have to check up is wether or not all these cats have to have a chip in them nowadays ? nice pic

was it ever in the paper that one? and did anyone ever come forward to say they had lost ? something I would imaging but will have to check up is wether or not all these cats have to have a chip in them nowadays ? nice pic

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2706274/African-wild-cat-loose-SURREY-Police-hunt-savannah-stalker-seen-prowling-gardens-stockbroker-belt.html

it's normally kind of rolled back it's more evident on the few sheep carcasses I,ve seen, the deer are always just a head and shoulders left and the legs scattered around, just think how much shit I get if you got rubbished for saying you saw one once, don't worry about it I know what I saw and I,m on a mission to prove it, if your really honest with yourself you know what you saw, but it just seems to mental for your brain to accept what your eyes told it, I get the piss taken out of me constantly, but that just pushes me on, and from being like yourself I am now 100 percent that I will achieve what I,ve set out to do and get a full proof no questions case in a few more years if I can stay fit enough or have a good enough case I can pass on for someone else to finish if I don't make it, fact is often stranger than fiction remember

Thank you greyman,. I went back next morning with a camera to where my brother and I saw it.

Both of us were certain it was a black panther type animal - slightly taller and significantly longer than a full grown Labrador - with a longer thinner tail. I found this print there, placing the outers of the pads at 4". I think if the ground had been softer we'd be looking at a very much larger print. It may have been a print of the beast or may not.

bigcatprints0.jpg

• Like 1

IMG_3884.jpg

Following your pic greyman does this mean this is a big cat kill too .Grass flattened for roughly 5 yards all around it. Never checked for teeth marks .

it's a bit of a tall order to confirm from a pair of legs, but at this time of year the grass around often tells a bit of a tale, if you look on the bones you may be able to see small sets of three holes set out like the pins on a plug in a triangle, these are tooth pits and are as good as DNA because if you have a jaw or toothe from a cat it plugs into the three holes, the same teeth also leave a W shaped cut on the end of any bone that's been cut right through like the ribs which normally seem to be eaten close to the spine to open up the chest cavity, look for the tooth pits if it's still there when you next pass it and try to get a pic you never know you could go from sceptic to researcher in one foul swoop
From sceptic to I'm having that shoulder mounted mate .lol
  • Like 2

I'm a bit of a fence sitter on big cats have seen what I thought was one a few years ago and got rubbished a bit for saying so. On the half eaten carcass images - is it normal for a big cat to eat the skin? I don't see it stripped off anywhere.

Thank you greyman,. I went back next morning with a camera to where my brother and I saw it. Both of us were certain it was a black panther type animal - slightly taller and significantly longer than a full grown Labrador - with a longer thinner tail. I found this print there, placing the outers of the pads at 4". I think if the ground had been softer we'd be looking at a very much larger print. It may have been a print of the beast or may not. bigcatprints0.jpg

That is quite compelling mate