Wellie Wisdom Wanted

I've had a few pairs of muck boots and grub wellies never lasted well really..

Tried a pair of good year neoprene wellies & they are going strong.

They've gone up in price a bit mind..

Like said canny beat proper boots if your covering some distance or rough terrain..

Edited by Giro

Cannot beat proper boots is true, but all the cleaning and waiting to dry then waxing is a feck on, and not practical if needed for daily use unless you've got more than one pair. Tried muck boots once aswell and they had me cutting some shapes on wet ground and were dropping to bits within about eight months

Thank you for all of the replies, they are much appreciated :)

The prices don't really bother me a lot, as a woman I am a failure when it comes to spending money for shopping on myself, others I can spend on easily, me, not so much, so spending a little more on wellies would be fine.

As for comfort, very important, I suffer from some neuropathy damage across the top of my right foot, and I try to be as good to my feet as I can.

Another additive to the purchase of wellies, is the appropriate socks to wear with them. I know that should be according to the weather, but also according to comfort level afforded by different types of socks. Does anyone have any specific type or brands of socks they wear with wellies ? Expensive boots are not necessarily wonderful if you wear the wrong socks in them.

I plan to wear them for woods walking, especially in the wet terrain, cleaning out the ground of some of the wooded area I have, garden work, possibly in horse stable areas, etc.

I looked at the Grubs site and some reviews of them early this morning, WOW, they have a large selection, right down to the type of sole :unsure:

I will wait till this evening to look at the others.

Again, thank you for the help and suggestions, I truly need them.

Another vote for the aigle's. had mine for a few years now, still warm and comfy. Only downside for me is they tend to pull your socks off inside the boot after a lot of walking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a pair of parcours fit like a glove none of that heal lift jobby, try wearing a thin pair of sports socks under your boot socks

Parcour 2 Enduro. These have some kinda fencing high tensile ting, best I've had for Brambles etc.

Had two pairs now and will be getting them next time. Evert thing I've had in the past suffered from rips or punctures, these have just worn out. Lasted over two years, I'm in them most of the winter and some.

I also wear boots, but there is no substitute for wellies.