Molecatcher Of The Year?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The moment a pottential customer, bulks at the price,...I walk away... I want clients that can afford me and who are happy to pay,...I've no need for whingers and whiners,...life is too short...

Its not how many you catch,...its how much regular work that your reliability, skill and honesty generates.... Mole trapping can be a good mistress,....and open up a whole lot of 'other doors'.....

It's a funny old game. I got interrogated about my charges the other day by a chap who is probably on a 5Ok a year pension. "How can you possibly ask that amount of money for catching a mole?" I pre

It would all depend on how much land is involved at the farm tbh. I charge by the hour to avoid any arguments and an absolute minimum of £45 a visit. Its impossible to say if its a good price or your going to regret saying £50 mate.

Did say that I would put out a max of 20 traps for the price (just as well as only have 28 traps in total) lol

Just hope I don't have to walk too far between areas!

It would all depend on how much land is involved at the farm tbh. I charge by the hour to avoid any arguments and an absolute minimum of £45 a visit. Its impossible to say if its a good price or your going to regret saying £50 mate.

Seems a good system,youve got, mate,... & fair rates :yes:

Mate 20 traps isnt a lot tbh, you could set them in half an hour if the ground is good and that might well not even cover one field.

20 traps an hour, in the right conditions ?,....thats good going :yes: (i dont doubt it,..),.....but me, id be doing well too set 10 (half- barrels, that is ?), in that time ?,....ha ha (told you i was slow ! :laugh: ),...if i managed the 10 in the hour (be doing well,.. :D ),......i would be setting for what i thought,.... was one mole (two's a bonus),.....& if i got more than one , miss ??(bunged up, trap,etc), out of the ten, id be disappointed ! (it happens , of course :thumbs: ),.......just a 'personal' thing, for me,.....cause when i tried too 'rush' it , in the early days,...i got alot more 'fails' ?,....but , that was just me,......

Edited by earth-thrower

Traps cleared up from the Telly chef , he had to tell me one last time , that he was not happy with the service i had given and he was sure i was feeding the moles , what a dick....

If you work in North Norfolk and get asked by a chef to trap at his hotel , Pm me first to clarify if it's him or not .

Sent him my invoice and he has point blank refused to pay .

Before me it was a national company , apparently he treated them the same .

I'm too old grumpy to put up with idiots , :censored: . Next customer please, :boogy:

Proper 'a......e',....him , then,.....

Just had a call from a farmer about catching some moles that he had tried to catch but failed.

Wanted a price so given a per visit price over the phone of £50 and said it will be 4 or 5 visits generally. Moles in 4 areas, particularly along his runway!!

He was staggered at the price, then mentioned could I leave the runway as he was flying to Cornwall this Friday.

So he has his own plane, own runway, a farm and thinks I am expensive.

Is £50 per visit expensive, he is about 8 miles from me. given that it is unknown how many moles he has.

I am still learning, so any feedback would be great

"is £50 per visit expensive," ?,......doesnt sound so , for HIM, really,......(does it ?) lol

Mate 20 traps isnt a lot tbh, you could set them in half an hour if the ground is good and that might well not even cover one field.

20 traps an hour, in the right conditions ?,....thats good going :yes: (i dont doubt it,..),.....but me, id be doing well too set 10 (half- barrels, that is ?), in that time ?,....ha ha (told you i was slow ! :laugh: ),...if i managed the 10 in the hour (be doing well,.. :D ),......i would be setting for what i thought,.... was one mole (two's a bonus),.....& if i got more than one , miss ??(bunged up, trap,etc), out of the ten, id be disappointed ! (it happens , of course :thumbs: ),.......just a 'personal' thing, for me,.....cause when i tried too 'rush' it , in the early days,...i got alot more 'fails' ?,....but , that was just me,......

Feck,.....wait a minute ,....in "half an hour",.........bloomin heck :icon_eek: ,......if i got 3 or 4, set , in that time , i would be content :huh: (just noticed i got the time, wrong, initially, sorry)

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Like 1

Feck,.....wait a minute ,....in "half an hour",.........bloomin heck :icon_eek: ,......if i got 3 or 4, set , in that time , i would be content :huh: (just noticed i got the time, wrong, initially, sorry)

Type of ground, ......really is a big factor, ....in how many you can 'fire in', in a given time, right enough ? (i could be setting, the one 'working', & have a bit of walk, too another, a fair amount of the times, here also,...)

Edited by earth-thrower

I was just trying to get the point across that 20 traps isnt a lot earth thrower. On a sheep farm say, where grass is down to the bone and the soil is good, he could set 20 traps within 30 - 40 mins or so, and look like an amateur when there is still another hundred acre to go at and he shouts "£50 please" then packs his bags and buggers off back home. Then again, if the grass is long, or ground is difficult, 20 traps could take a couple of hours.

Gravy if you read this, is there not someone local on here within driving distance you could lend some traps off?

I was just trying to get the point across that 20 traps isnt a lot earth thrower. On a sheep farm say, where grass is down to the bone and the soil is good, he could set 20 traps within 30 - 40 mins or so, and look like an amateur when there is still another hundred acre to go at and he shouts "£50 please" then packs his bags and buggers off back home. Then again, if the grass is long, or ground is difficult, 20 traps could take a couple of hours.

Gravy if you read this, is there not someone local on here within driving distance you could lend some traps off?

Yes, i get it, mate,... :thumbs:

Edited by earth-thrower

Dry crumbling well drained ground with big trees and walls - I trap in a couple of cemetarys and end up spending hours pissing around getting the sets to my satisfaction. Somehow though I don't mind because a few of me old muckers are buried there - and one day I will be too.

Aye, its an individual, thing,.....i take my time, & i get better results ?,....(it makes sense, of course, too try & 'speed' up the trap setting, in commercial situations ?,..but i dont try,...im set in my ways, now,.. :D ) But, im fully aware, that SOME folk, can 'whack in', an impressive amount ? ,.....& good luck to them, too.

Edited by earth-thrower
  • Like 1