Thinning Them Out For Farmer.

Went to see a farmer on Monday that wanted some ferreting done.He showed me round but i told him it was a bit too late for ferreting and a lot of the holes are under blackthorn bushes.We agreed it would be best to shoot them and i would start the same night and start thinning them out.So on Monday evening i got 5 rabbits,Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 6 and packed in each night at 2230.Last night i stayed all night and managed 12 rabbits and got a photo after packing up at 0630 this morning.Still rabbits about but the farmer will be able to tell the difference in numbers now i have been shooting them.So a nice new permission and just hoping i will get a few pigeons from it as well.

IMG_20170414_062009_zpsid8oggqf.jpg

Edited by stoggy

Went to see a farmer on Monday that wanted some ferreting done.He showed me round but i told him it was a bit too late for ferreting and a lot of the holes are under blackthorn bushes.We agreed it would be best to shoot them and i would start the same night and start thinning them out.So on Monday evening i got 5 rabbits,Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 6 and packed in each night at 2230.Last night i stayed all night and managed 12 rabbits and got a photo after packing up at 0630 this morning.Still rabbits about but the farmer will be able to tell the difference in numbers now i have been shooting them.So a nice new permission and just hoping i will get a few pigeons from it as well.

IMG_20170414_061953_zpse0andq1p.jpg

bye gum stoggy your keen but good on you

• Like 1

IMG_20170414_061953_zpse0andq1p.jpg

bye gum stoggy your keen but good on you

Find it hard to say no when a farmer says ok you just help yourself.

Well done mate , what set up did you use?

I started with the 22 rimfire on Monday with my archer night vision when it got dark.But where i was parked in the field i could see rabbits spread over the field and so on Tue,Wed and Thursday i used the 17hmr just for a bit more range.All i was doing was thinning them out.If i could not get a more or less certain headshot i was going for a upper chest shot as i was taking them home.I prefer not to gut shoot them as too much of a mess when gutting them.

I started with the 22 rimfire on Monday with my archer night vision when it got dark.But where i was parked in the field i could see rabbits spread over the field and so on Tue,Wed and Thursday i used the 17hmr just for a bit more range.All i was doing was thinning them out.If i could not get a more or less certain headshot i was going for a upper chest shot as i was taking them home.I prefer not to gut shoot them as too much of a mess when gutting them.

Nice to have both , they both have their place . Well done again.....

• Like 1

Well done stoggy.

What scope is the Archer used with? Just got a 17 Hornet and looking for a scope for it. At the moment my Anschutz 22lr has a Sidewinder with the Archer on the back but was looking for something a bit better for the Hornet.

Well done stoggy.

What scope is the Archer used with? Just got a 17 Hornet and looking for a scope for it. At the moment my Anschutz 22lr has a Sidewinder with the Archer on the back but was looking for something a bit better for the Hornet.

I have an Mtc Genesis scope on both the 22lr and 17hmr.

Well done stoggy.

I have an Mtc Genesis scope on both the 22lr and 17hmr.

OK. Always kept away from MTC. Don't they have really thick crosshairs?