Oh dear.! Weils desease on the way. LOL? You lucky fella. Not many people even have a clue what it looks like. Same as yourself, got a lovely little stream nearby with a shitload growing. Best time of the year to pick as well. Jok.

• Like 3

Sounds good if your going to go your as well going in style would be my way of thinking , theres a lot of wild garlic near me apart from pistachio what else is it good for then ?.

Most obvious and easy is soup.... so like leek and potato but using the wild garlic instead of leeks.

For me it's generally 'Mon or tues night dinner' when I'll use the last bits of meat off a chicken, the dregs of the gravy, splash of stock (made from the bones boiled with half a carrot half onion half celery stuck, sprig thyme pinch paprika, scant water/ wine to cover. Strain after bout 30 mins).

And then add whatever's available. Wild garlic being a particular delicious ingredient. Stir in a bit of cream. S&P. Serve with spuds, pasta or (if you're old fatties like us) courgetti. Yum. And nearly free.

Himself does a really good mushroom and wild garlic soup with masses of cream.

Add to salads with strong flavoured mains like say lamb koftas or marinated pork shoulder. Later in season use the flowers for garnish on everything savoury.

(PS assumed you meant pesto when you wrote pistachio. If not, then 'you can make lovely pesto from wild garlic').

• 4 weeks later...

The One. No mate, that ain't watercress. If it doesn't come out of running water it ain't watercress. The pepper taste is unbelievable and as said shocking loads on a sandwich with strong cheddar is the way to go. Strangely, all the old guys round here, mainly ex miners, had it on their sannies when down the pit. They love it when I take in a bagful. Jok.

• Like 1