Nice Land In Orkney

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm spending a few weeks up my at my house in Orkney. Only been up here a few days and that's all it took to make me remember why I bought it. Had a couple of mooches with the dogs just enjoying th

Had a nice walk up the cliffs this morning. The deerhound x caught a rabbit so well pleased

Yes it is lovely up here. It's in the middle of no where and plenty of wildlife Once my son has flown the nest me and the missus will be up here in a flash. I've got a few acres and nice stone farm

Posted Images

Yes there is a Tesco and Lidl in Kirkwall . There is all the mod cons there.

I'm in the west mainland,right out in the sticks

Is that the view from your yard looking over that loch in your pics? I may have camped just up the road from your house when I was there in November if it is.

quality mate.i often wonder just to f**k off and buy a crofters cottage.bet the dogs love it up there.

would it set a person back much?
You can get a decent plot for between 120k and 200k depending on how much work it needs doing. That's on the mainland. The outer islands you get a lot more for you money

Yes there is a Tesco and Lidl in Kirkwall . There is all the mod cons there.

I'm in the west mainland,right out in the sticks

Is that the view from your yard looking over that loch in your pics? I may have camped just up the road from your house when I was there in November if it is.

Yes it is mate. My yard backs on to the loch. It's a RSPB reserve.

Do you come to Orkney often?

i presume everybody farms there own meat,so is there a slaughterhouse on the islands.?

Yep ... it's called your shed .......

yes but i thought if they want to sell it to butchers or whatever it would have to go through a slaughterhouse.

Yes I would imagine it could be bit tricky up here if you just came up to run game and take the piss.

I'm going to be up here full time within the next couple of years so will take it steady.

Hopefully get to know a few people and get a bit of rabbiting permission and take it from there.

There is plenty of deserted places to have a walk though

• Like 3