Helion Thermal Spotter

half the screen had a dark grey shadow on it and it was to bright didn't matter how much we changed brightnes and contrast on the settings there a few people had problems with them already bry

Give it a go Bry mite be best if you can put it up against another one if you no someone who has a different model because if you have never looked through a thermal your gonna think it's great best of luck anyway atb allan

half the screen had a dark grey shadow on it and it was to bright didn't matter how much we changed brightnes and contrast on the settings there a few people had problems with them already bry

A calibration should resolve the shadow if not sounds like a faulty unit

A calibration should resolve the shadow if not sounds like a faulty unit
the calibration was on auto I said it looked faulty

If it's a Pulsar and faulty Thomas Jacks will fix it or replace the unit.

Get your mate to take it back to where he bought it from, as long he has proof of purchase they will be no problem

My mate rang me and i mentioned i should get my Helion thermal tues/ wed. He said he went out last week and a farmer had 1 knocks spots off his early £4000 unit.

Hes waiting to see mine and said he will most probly get 1 , he has a shit load on nv from cheapest to the dearest

The HD/XD models were good, they featured a 25 micron sensor and offered 2.1 and 2.8x mag dependant on lens. Large FOV

The XQ models have a 17 micron sensor, although not a huge improvement over the HD/XD models, it gave a crisper image, a little less grainy and detailed, it also gave 3.1 and 4.1 mag dependant on lens. IMO 4.1 is too much mag on a spotter due to reduced FOV and I preferred the XQ38 model.

All the above units feature uncooled sensors (with no heatsink) and aspheric lens which can on the odd occasion cause ghosting of the image.

The Helion XQ models performance wise are the same as the quantum XQ models, but with an AMOLED eye display and the obvious extra features, recording, wifi to phone, ipx7 fully waterproof, pip function. The helion models also have an uncooled sensor but now include a large built in heat sink to prevent image ghosting from over heating of the sensor sometimes seen in quantum models.

The Helion XP model just takes things up a level with the 640 res sensor and under 200 yards on smaller animals the detail is much better, close ranges you can even see veins flowing through a persons body they give that much detail. But the price tag is much higher.

The dark grey shadow you mention on the helion is normally when a menu function has been accessed and illuminated on the eye display, once the menu icon disappears, a dark hue is seen on that section of the screen and slowly disappears .