boar last night

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never have liked the taste of pork to be honest. its the last thing on the menu i want to bother with.. but if wild pig is better than domestic then i might have a change of heart.. will have it to try it out and see for myself..

its fab meat mate,if you ever get a chance buy some! and wild boar sausages are yummy too!

good work, great to see they are increasing enough for you guys to start hunting them often.

just a question do you still stick them to bleed them out after shooting them?

and i wouldn't bother hanging them for a week til you process them, they are not deer, a few hours in the chiller and they can be butchered.

i never have liked the taste of pork to be honest. its the last thing on the menu i want to bother with.. but if wild pig is better than domestic then i might have a change of heart.. will have it to try it out and see for myself..

its fab meat mate,if you ever get a chance buy some! and wild boar sausages are yummy too!

it better be lol i dont usually go anywhere near sausage :tongue2: only come across one man who could make decent sausage and they came from pigs my aunt raised and paid him to butcher for her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Went out last night after getting some pics on the night camera

PIC_0006.jpg

We went at 11.00 and were in position by 12.00am, at around 2.00 am we heard them and my mate shot this small sow for the freezer.....

DSCF1871.jpg

DSCF1873.jpg

WHAT ARE YOU DOING KILLING SOWS !!! LET THEM BREED AND JUST KILL BOARS ! YOU WILL END UP WITH A FULL TIME JOB KILLING PIGS FOR THE GOVERNMENT !! AND U CAN EMPLOY ME TO !! CHEERS DION .

if you have the time ,the best way of getting the hair off to keep the skin/crackling ,is to have a small fire and put the pig on the ashes for a moment then brush them off with a stiff brush. i know its not always possible here in england to have a fire in the field but its the best way to keep that lovely crackling.

• 2 weeks later...