Knockdown Variations

Just a thought I had a few months back...

Why do you think my .20 HM @ 11.1 FPE doesn't knock down rabbits like my .177 Rapid @ 11.6-8...?

I do notice a substantial difference even with head shots. Obviously they end up lights out, but the rapid hits and they dont move, the HM hits and they twitch alot more.

I also hear that the .20 Exacts make more of a crack sound than the H&N's too. Im of the thinking the softer pellet is deforming alot. But that would surely mean plenty of energy transfer. The H&N's drill straight through.

can you get your hands on a chrony rez?!

if so set it up at your usual/average rabbit range and see what fps/ftlb its delivering...

your getting into the bc nightmare :laugh:

got to admit the softer jsb's make a right crack but the h&n hunters just stop stuff in there tracks :icon_eek:

atb si

can you get your hands on a chrony rez?!

if so set it up at your usual/average rabbit range and see what fps/ftlb its delivering...

your getting into the bc nightmare :laugh:

got to admit the softer jsb's make a right crack but the h&n hunters just stop stuff in there tracks :icon_eek:

atb si

Got one inta...

Combi :)

Ill set that out... thread um through that :D

• Like 2

If you can register a shot at 30yrd with your combo I'll get the beers in at the northern show :)

Ahhhh. A challenge I see and a video.

Does it matter if I use my twenty two and standing...

• Like 2

Man of your caliber Rez :thumbs:

Like what you've done there :)

There is no way I'm attempting threading a pellet through the sensors of a combi from 30 yards standing... as tempting as it maybe.

I'll need a new one. Basically.

Man of your caliber Rez :thumbs:

Like what you've done there :)

There is no way I'm attempting threading a pellet through the sensors of a combi from 30 yards standing... as tempting as it maybe.

I'll need a new one. Basically.

GO ON LETS JUST SEE HOW GOOD YOU REALLY ARE REZ

IV GOT CONFIDENCE IN YOU MATE WATCH YOUR VIDS ALL THE TIME

IM NOT BOTHER,D IF ITS STANDING ,,,RESTED OR PRONE

I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT ;)

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I would say its energy transfer, the larger pellet causes more damage, more shock transfer to the target, hence they appear to drop quicker, dead is dead, but more damage means lights out on the spot.

O,,,AND THE SEED HAS BEEN PLANTED NOW REZ

I CAN SEE A FEW PRACTICE SESSIONS COMING BEFORE YOU DO DO IT

AND YOU WILL

THE SEED IS STARTING TO GROW EVEN AS I TIPE THIS :yes:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

f**k that. I'm not basically shooting at 40 quids worth of tech. I have thought about it, but that's about it.

I don't know where all this has come from... bloody brownie bringing it up.

• Like 1

I would say its energy transfer, the larger pellet causes more damage, more shock transfer to the target, hence they appear to drop quicker, dead is dead, but more damage means lights out on the spot.

It's the other way round mate. The larger pellet doesn't drop them as quick as the lighter pellet.

• Like 1

O,,,AND THE SEED HAS BEEN PLANTED NOW REZ

I CAN SEE A FEW PRACTICE SESSIONS COMING BEFORE YOU DO DO IT

AND YOU WILL

THE SEED IS STARTING TO GROW EVEN AS I TIPE THIS :yes:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

f**k that. I'm not basically shooting at 40 quids worth of tech. I have thought about it, but that's about it.

I don't know where all this has come from... bloody brownie bringing it up.

haha... it was your idea!!

thought of a way to do it without fcuking your gizmo up rez... bit of plate steel drill a hole to match the combo sensor channel and some blue-tac :thumbs:

bluepeter style :laugh:

• Like 1

I could be kind and loan you my Chrony although I will make a mask for it first so you don't fcuk it up.

To be honest I am going to make a mask for it anyway so I DON'T FCUK IT UP. :icon_redface: If I hit that with the FAC, say goodbye Chrony.

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 1