Back In Business With A New Pup

Thanks fellas, he's into everything and anything he can get his teeth into and loves a shit stir, very confident pup. He'll be run on rabbit, hare, roo (which is still legal in my state, kinda), feral cats and the odd fox and pig when I travel

• Like 1

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After shifting to the pitbulls for a few years and then having a nasty car accident, I've gone back into the runners. This is my 11 week old male aussie staghound pup out of strong working lines. Firs

Recent pics of the stag out for a look round the bush. Took him out with my mate and his two beagles last weekend, did very well. Good nose and strong drive, country was probably too thick for him to

With a 32inch sire and a 29/30inch bitch.... anything that takes his fancy lol

Posted Images

Thanks fellas, he's into everything and anything he can get his teeth into and loves a shit stir, very confident pup. He'll be run on rabbit, hare, roo (which is still legal in my state, kinda), feral cats and the odd fox and pig when I travel

which roos do you have in taz ?

Danny La Roo went there a few timesi think :laugh:

• Like 2

After shifting to the pitbulls for a few years and then having a nasty car accident, I've gone back into the runners. This is my 11 week old male aussie staghound pup out of strong working lines. First pic is a 9 week and 11 week comparison, last two pics are his dam (black bitch) and his dam's littermate (hairy bitch). Having a lot of fun with him and cant wait for him to start. Expect him to mature somewhere around 28-34" tts, Sire was large rough coated dog around 32"tts and dam is around 29-30"tts. Dam is a very quick bitch for her size and will take daytime hares consistently. Can't comment much on the sire as I haven't seen him in the flesh

socks%209vs11_zpsufesgyry.jpg

socks%20bush_zpsxxinqvhe.jpg

socks%20bush%201_zpsgs83dfxu.jpg

boots_zpstw9nbuj2.jpg

boots%20sister_zpsjxmxghra.jpg

Sire 32" dam 29-30". You say he could make 34", is there wolfhound in the sire? Nice pup and parents by the way :thumbs:

Tidy looking pup & like the look kf big rough brindle dog. Hope all works out well & keep us posted. Atb

Thanks mate

Greys (we call em forresters), wallaby we just call roos and there's also the little stinkers aka pademelons.

After shifting to the pitbulls for a few years and then having a nasty car accident, I've gone back into the runners. This is my 11 week old male aussie staghound pup out of strong working lines. First pic is a 9 week and 11 week comparison, last two pics are his dam (black bitch) and his dam's littermate (hairy bitch). Having a lot of fun with him and cant wait for him to start. Expect him to mature somewhere around 28-34" tts, Sire was large rough coated dog around 32"tts and dam is around 29-30"tts. Dam is a very quick bitch for her size and will take daytime hares consistently. Can't comment much on the sire as I haven't seen him in the flesh

socks%209vs11_zpsufesgyry.jpg

socks%20bush_zpsxxinqvhe.jpg

socks%20bush%201_zpsgs83dfxu.jpg

boots_zpstw9nbuj2.jpg

boots%20sister_zpsjxmxghra.jpg

Sire 32" dam 29-30". You say he could make 34", is there wolfhound in the sire? Nice pup and parents by the way :thumbs:

Not for at least 4 generations but who knows way back, the 34" is the maximum I'd expect him to be able to reach but the sire is a large dog so you never know. Cheers

Edited by Red Center

Poor little b*****d jumped a rat in some bushes near a stream and paid the price for hesitating. I was a bit worried it was gonna ruin him being such a young pup but thankfully it just made him get stuck in harder. Swelled up pretty bad but is healing up now, hasn't stopped him from acting the sook though. Also weighed and measured him, 13.15kg and 18"tts at 12 weeks of age. Last stag I had was 12.35kg at 14 weeks and he made 33"tts and 50kg so I have no idea how this bloke is gonna turn out

socks%20bite_zpselenowtg.jpg

socks%20swole%20face_zpsh8orkv7o.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Thought I'd make a little update post on how Socks is going. He's now a little over 5 months of age, dead on 25" tts and at a guess around 20kg. He's growing like a weed and eating like a horse. The pace this pup has already is astonishing, I can't have him off lead in open ground as he is that quick the risk of injury is way too high. He's already much faster than my kelpie/pit/wolfhound bitch in a straight line. I've taken him out hunting with her once for a ride along and he was screaming to be let out with her, so I let him out for a sniff of a wallaby she'd caught that I dispatched and he went straight to ragging it, carrying it around and playing tug of war. He's certainly got all the drive and carry instincts already, just need to be patient and give him time to mature. Absolutely stoked with him though, gonna be a cracker of a dog.

18588663_1418407848205529_50266474388750

18238510_1397243696988611_90243968636816

18739070_1423228131056834_64835366614305

Edited by Red Center
  • Like 4

Owned a few of these over the years Great dogs, some are a bit slow to mature, if you get a good one, hard to beat A.T.B

Yeah I've always found patience is the key with the larger types but when they're ready they're something special

don't you keep the pitbulls anymore?

Co-own a few still but they are all farmed out to friends, I don't keep any on my yard anymore. They brought too much unwanted attention where I'm living atm. When I move I'll probably bring them back

• 1 month later...