Any Spearos On Here?

Well? Not likely I suppose but I'm interested so worth a shot.

What's the best way for a complete novice to get to a competent standard?

Do you always need to hunt/fish/dive with a 'buddy' or are there safe-er options for the less social?

To start with I'd be fairly happy just diving and foraging about but once confident I'd definitely be wanting to try to skewer something tasty. It'll add another dimension to me outdoor pursuits and possibly give me an excuse to nosey around the coast.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love snorkelling and spearfishing. I have never tried scuba diving but I imagine that would be cool too. I have speared octopus, cuttlefish, whiting,bream and some different sorts of rock fish that

Get him to phone dogman, he's padi qualified.

Come for a little swim with me and my shivery (he forgot useless) whippetty things!!! I offered you out a couple of years ago, offer still stands

Posted Images

go on the deeper blue forum there is all the info you need, I would recommend going with a buddy but having said that I don't and never have but having a look on that forum is a must if your thinking of giving it a go

Edited by greg64
  • Like 1

It's easy to do in spain mate. You buy the gear and license from decathalon :laugh:

Not sure about bighty rules mind. Ive done it snorkling and all I'll say is practice breathing and oxygenating your blood before ;)

• Like 1

Nah but seriously, seems a cool way to spend the summer and gets you out and about the coast in amongst some cool wildlife. Take the dog and a tent and f**k off for a few days.

There's courses run on the south coast by the looks of it but also snorkeling clubs local which might be another way to start.

• Like 2

Oh yhea laugh a fukcing minuet lol ......

You'll not want to be my dive buddy then? LOL LOL

Erm no ... I will stand in the boat and cheer you on from there lol .......

I wouldn't be any good at it as I'm not the best swimmer, I resemble an epileptic seal when in the water.....

LOL, I'm a f***ing shite swimmer! I have to swim fast to stay afloat!

I'm led to believe that's not really important though, wetsuits make you buoyant and the fins do the heavy lifting. It's more about breathing and being confident under water.

I wouldn't be any good at it as I'm not the best swimmer, I resemble an epileptic seal when in the water.....

LOL, I'm a f***ing shite swimmer! I have to swim fast to stay afloat!

I'm led to believe that's not really important though, wetsuits make you buoyant and the fins do the heavy lifting. It's more about breathing and being confident under water.

I suppose with all the apparatus the confidence would be there and everything would go swimmingly.