Basc Bit

I can only read the question but three months is a bit excessive , but i read some where if you apply five weeks before your ticket runs out you have given them adequate time and your old ticket is then okay till 8 weeks after the expiry date

I can only read the question but three months is a bit excessive , but i read some where if you apply five weeks before your ticket runs out you have given them adequate time and your old ticket is then okay till 8 weeks after the expiry date

3 months is pretty quick in a lot of force areas. Ask any Essex members!

Your old ticket expires when it expires. There's no provision for 8 weeks after. If they don't give you a section 7 to cover you from expiry of your old one to the start of your new one then you are holding guns illegally. Whatever they might try to fob you off with.

If ya click it it should pop up in a lightbox.

There was a study in the magazine not long ago showing the wait times for various forces. In some areas it's approaching 6 months:

eg In West Mercia it's 169 days average (5 1/2 months) for an FAC renewal according to the study!

https://basc.org.uk/blog/press-releases/featured-news/new-basc-study-shows-firearms-licensing-postcode-lottery/