Bands Snapped Again !!

Hello everyone..just got back in after nice long walk in the sunshine with my faithful old whippet Tia .came through the woods expecting to get a chance or two at squirrel or pigeon but saw bugger all until just about getting to the end of the path when I spotted nice clean looking rabbit sitting sunning his self not 20 yards away .I use big tree to get closer pouch a 12mm steel, draw,..and bloody band snapped at the pouch end again.f#####...am I tying on too tight or what coz this seems to becoming regular..I am definitely thinking about going over to tubes for longer life ..can anyone recommend a tube that's similar to tbg for performance ?..I've used tb black tube before but to honest was not impressed by performance out of the heavy draw..any advice would be much appreciated..

Alright mate if you look back I put some photos up of how I fit my pouch,s using a length of tube instead of the wrap and tuck method for the same reason now my flat bands break at the fork end before the pouch and last much longer, I also use 4.5 mm natural latex tube that I buy on eBay from China, depending on the size of the loop you make the performance is very simular to tbg and lasts much longer, I find a loop one third of the band length about right

Cheers Greyman I've had a look back and I'm defo gonna give it a go coz it's been so bloody annoying ..it looks like a little bit of tube with band pulled back thru..is that right ?..also I've ordered some tube off ebay..and while I'm waiting for it to arrive I'm set to making a new catty to fit tubes into..thanks once again..

the trick for me to getting a longer band life out of flat bands is tieing the pouch on . put the bands in a jig of some sort . then when i tie the band on with a thin strip of rubber i do three turns close to the pouch quite firm , then i do three turns up the bands loose , then i do three turns close to the pouch tight and tie of the rap .i do this so when you shoot the catapult and the bands expand near the pouch the rap dosent cut into the flat bands . if i get this correct my bands last i long time .roylan orange or green if you want tubes

Cheers.. I'll try that also coz i do like shooting the tbg ... It's just so bloody annoying [BANNED TEXT] I'm having to tie pouch on again and again. I think I'm only getting about 60-100 shots.. If I'm lucky.. So I'm defo doing sumat wrong.. Was out this morning again and cut myself a nice looking fork that I'm gonna try some tunes on see [BANNED TEXT] they like.. Lot of folk use tubes and all say get much longer life out of them.. Thanks again for advice..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

I'd just like to say a thank you Greyman and Barry White for advice on me snapping bands..I tried both methods suggested (although I struggled with the cuff idea... Man that was fiddly)..I also bought some latex tubes and gave them a go..I have now used 1745 tubes for about a week. And shot somewhere in the region of 350 shots with no sigh of any wear !!.. I've got them doubled for hunting and find that they fire my 12mm steel and 12mm lead well both seem to hit hard so I'm gonna stop with the tubes for now ..

Thanks again for the advice

• Like 2