Ukip Down To 0 Mps

:laugh:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39393213

UKIP's Douglas Carswell is quitting the party to become an independent MP and says he is doing so "amicably".

The party's only MP defected from the Conservatives in 2014.

Former leader Nigel Farage recently called on Mr Carswell to quit, accusing him of "actively working against UKIP".

Party leader Paul Nuttall said Mr Carswell was "committed to Brexit, but was never a comfortable Ukipper". There are now calls within UKIP for the Clacton MP to call a by-election.

UKIP donor Arron Banks had previously indicated he could stand against Mr Carswell at the next election amid a long-running feud over UKIP's future direction and strategy.

I'm sure everyone had seen this coming, just the latest result of another round of infighting in the chaotic increasingly irrelevant UKIP ;)

• Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't think you get it ukip achieved what it set out to do its in the name

UKIP has done what it was there for, it'll hang around a little while as they won't want see all they've done come to an end. And then as the country descends into more and more of a multicultural ces

Don't matter who you vote for as long as you don't vote for any of the traditional parties........that's the mistake folk keep making

Exactly, now we're leaving the EU they're becoming a political irrelevance :thumbs:

Will you still be voting for them?

UKIP has done what it was there for, it'll hang around a little while as they won't want see all they've done come to an end. And then as the country descends into more and more of a multicultural cess pit a new right-wing party will emerge to build on what was achieved. I don't know what your smiley faces are for the entire movement you back is in its death throes while mine and 99% of others on here's ideology is still in its infancy.

• Like 2

Not really a surprise - the spat between Carswell and Farage has gone on for some time. I'm just surprised he didn't go back to the Tories, with his tail between his legs !

Any MP who changes party or becomes independent should have the decency to step down and stand for re-election anyway......

At the next general election, Labour will learn what it is to be "an irrelevance" !

• Like 1

Not really a surprise - the spat between Carswell and Farage has gone on for some time. I'm just surprised he didn't go back to the Tories, with his tail between his legs !

Any MP who changes party or becomes independent should have the decency to step down and stand for re-election anyway......

At the next general election, Labour will learn what it is to be "an irrelevance" !

Yep now they haven't got the cult of personality around their leader UKIP are tearing themselves apart, this is all Farage's doing really.

Agreed, at the end of the day most people, however stupid it may be, don't really think about the candidate and just vote along party lines so if an MP leaves the party a by-election should be called.

I wouldn't call remaining as Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition being irrelevant and that is after all the worst case scenario for Labour at the next GE ;)

Four days time the United Kingdom will start the "brexit", no need for UKIP per-se.

Im relatively right wing, and they were my choice of party for most of my voting last few years, Im not sure who will get my vote now.

Yep now they haven't got the cult of personality around their leader UKIP are tearing themselves apart, this is all Farage's doing really.

Agreed, at the end of the day most people, however stupid it may be, don't really think about the candidate and just vote along party lines so if an MP leaves the party a by-election should be called.

I wouldn't call remaining as Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition being irrelevant and that is after all the worst case scenario for Labour at the next GE ;)

And the best case scenario they can hope for for a long time to come.

Yep Labour sure are in a right old mess at the moment.

And yet UKIP still can't come close to them in terms of electoral success or membership numbers. Their leader couldn't even beat an unknown Labour candidate in what he called the "Brexit capital of Britain" :laugh:

I mean if you can't beat your opponent when they're in such a mess when can you beat them?

Sad really.

Edited by BGD