Questions I Asked Countryside Alliance Today.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was it   Why don't you fuk off you scruffy ,lurcher owning oik ,we don't want to associate with your type Yours sincerely, Double barrel chinless twat .esq

I hunted these lands as a child and as a Student I then left the Country to follow my chosen career. In the Twighlight years of my life I returned to the UK for one of my Childrens professional stud

Unity has never been a strong point when it comes to hunting with dogs in general,the red coated horse back hunting enthusiasts,the footpack followers of hounds were & never likely are to unite wi

In fairness to the AWL they have been having a restructure due to the originals chairmans ill health. They have their AGM next week I believe. See what comes out of that.

The CA are having a rebrand at the minute, trying to appeal to the wider rural audience on more mainstream issues. Whilst they state to be working to overturn the ban, dwindling membership dictates they need to appeal to a wider audience to survive financially. What this means for its core supporters only time will tell.

• Like 1

In fairness to the AWL they have been having a restructure due to the originals chairmans ill health. They have their AGM next week I believe. See what comes out of that.

The CA are having a rebrand at the minute, trying to appeal to the wider rural audience on more mainstream issues. Whilst they state to be working to overturn the ban, dwindling membership dictates they need to appeal to a wider audience to survive financially. What this means for its core supporters only time will tell.

Yes we will have to wait and see.

I cannot find the response I received from representative of the AWL regarding the representation but the gist of it was that the AWL had no seat or representation on the Council of Hunting Associations. The understanding I had was that the C/A had other priorities in Country activities way up the list above lurchers and running dogs.and basically we were without a voice and that in my opinion would result in the branch of country sports activities we are involved in would be once again a sacrificial lamb in any future negotiations much the same asbefore. I fully understannd the AWL is reorganising afte the retirement of the Stalwart of the AWL Mr Alan Tyer retiring on health grounds I truly wish him well. The C/A and AWL appear to have difficulty attracting and keeping members and certainly rebranding that was alledgedly done in the C/A when Tim Bonner took the Helm. Younger dog workers say waste of time and money they appear to have a very strong point but without a unified voice we will find even more activities being curtailed and even criminalised. If fairness and tangible results are not presented then mass appeal is impossible and with out unity and representation of ALL country activities then no victories will be forth coming.The Hunting with Dogs Act is now 12 years old and without unified representation no repeal or striking down can be attempted. Now other events have pushed any repeal campaign further down the agenda and lads are being penalised,victimised and criminalised for following centuries old traditions day by day .

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 5

JMHO but I agree there's no point in financially supporting a group if you feel they wont fight your corner.

BUT it would do no harm whatsoever if everyone who works lurchers and longdogs wrote them a nice well written letter just like Dog Man did.

There's nothing to be lost by doing so and if enough folk wrote they might start to take note.

Like I said, JMHO.

• Like 1

JMHO but I agree there's no point in financially supporting a group if you feel they wont fight your corner.

BUT it would do no harm whatsoever if everyone who works lurchers and longdogs wrote them a nice well written letter just like Dog Man did.

There's nothing to be lost by doing so and if enough folk wrote they might start to take note.

Like I said, JMHO.

Yes Neal I agree most of the Lurcher owners moan about things but just send an email to anyone regarding our sport let them know we are still here and we are not going away I am for all hunting not just Lurchers but hunting mammals with sighthounds is my thing I live and breath it but we do need to get a voice.

BS

• Like 1

I cannot find the response I received from representative of the AWL regarding the representation but the gist of it was that the AWL had no seat or representation on the Council of Hunting Associations. The understanding I had was that the C/A had other priorities in Country activities way up the list above lurchers and running dogs.and basically we were without a voice and that in my opinion would result in the branch of country sports activities we are involved in would be once again a sacrificial lamb in any future negotiations much the same asbefore. I fully understannd the AWL is reorganising afte the retirement of the Stalwart of the AWL Mr Alan Tyer retiring on health grounds I truly wish him well. The C/A and AWL appear to have difficulty attracting and keeping members and certainly rebranding that was alledgedly done in the C/A when Tim Bonner took the Helm. Younger dog workers say waste of time and money they appear to have a very strong point but without a unified voice we will find even more activities being curtailed and even criminalised. If fairness and tangible results are not presented then mass appeal is impossible and with out unity and representation of ALL country activities then no victories will be forth coming.The Hunting with Dogs Act is now 12 years old and without unified representation no repeal or striking down can be attempted. Now other events have pushed any repeal campaign further down the agenda and lads are being penalised,victimised and criminalised for following centuries old traditions day by day .

Yes I agree but ve all have to stick together all over uk it is our sport.

BS

What did you want or expect them to say?

I wanted to see if anyone is on our side.

There probably is, but it's getting them to do anything, what with limited resources and other pressing issues.

Yes other pressing issues but we all want to see our dogs run so we do have to get a voice the fox hunters stick up for each other why can't we we all need to give ourselves a shake everyone is doing it and leaving us behind and it is us that just sit back and take it there is hundreds ofthousands of us get organised fox hunters have they have not stopped there sport we are the ones that have sat back and excepted it lurcher men are normally rough lads where is our fight gone.

Ok I am going to give AWL a chance I am home on Wednesday my son and grandson and I will join I am willing to give them a chance after a lifetime of running dogs I just hate to see what is happening to all of us being left behind so I will give it a chance.

The whole scenario is just like banging your head constantly against a brick wall,no one cares,the CA never have been interested in lurcherfolk,i think the AWL is only interested in promoting the legal side of lurcherwork,ferreting,rabbiting etc which is all well & good but it's not going to ever help us get back the running of hares & deer with dogs,every f****r is frightened to mention it & that goes for on here too,you dare not even mention the word hare or deer without getting yourself a ban on here,we should be talking about what it was we done in yesteryears,educating the uneducated as to why & how we done things..This f***ing pussy footing about by 99% of folk inc us on here,the CA & AWL is like pissing in the wind & we just become more recluse like in the whole by saying nothing about what has gone on legally for generations yet now everyone is fearful of mentioning how we went about our business..Anyhow I'm retired now lol,hope things take a turn for the better guys but I'm not gonna hold my breath ?

• Like 3

If a land owner with game on his land and the willingness to allow me to run my dogs be it on Hare Deer or Fox as well as the permitted vermin then why should a Draconian Law introduced by that twat Blair prevent him , from authorising whom ever he wishes to hunt his land be it with lurchers, coursing dogs, , fox hound pack foot beagles, Terriers etc the only criteria should be no cruelty involved , no causing nuisance or in convenience to other users of the land their with the owners permission. Public footpaths and rights of way criss cross the land enabling dog walkers, orienteers, ramblers , foragers , bird watchers. ,,ferreters,hawk fliers snarers shooters to enjoy the countryside for the enjoyment of their passtimes and sports even anglers have access to river banks ponds lakes and streams yet the only ones penalised and criminalised are lads working their dogs in millenium years old passtimes because a few people who probably rarely get of the couches or out of their cars decided along with some arse wipe politicians that meat and game should only be shot or hunted in the aisles of Waitrose Harrods and Sainsbury,s.. Time is rapidly passing us by to fight like we have never fought before a multi pronged unified sustained campaign to get this un enforceable expensive law repealed . We are not as portrayed drunks Gamblers, thieves, drugdealers and all round scoundrals that some like to portray us as. Most come from every profession trade occupation and walk of life imagineable participants from infants to centurians male and female even some not sures. Seriously its the time for the campaign of a lifetime to get the rights to hunt back for the future Generations Why should Blair, Sturgeon Brian May , John Craven and the likes dictate how to spend your liesure hours Blair bankrupted the Country cost lives in conflicts no one appeared to support and still his legacy is causing unknown hardship despair and suffering to hundreds of thousands if not millions of Country life enrthusiasts . Time is now to be counted and do your bit.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 5