Diy Piston Buttoning Experiment

I've got some cheers jon, got it when i bought the spring kit :thumbs:

didn't get it in a fancy tub though :laugh:

its good stuff

cheers si

Did you get the grease in the little packet?

yeah it was in a druggy bag...

I have no idea what one of those is mate :whistling::laugh:

I think that's his standard moly. The Bumslide is a lot dryer and more grainy.

..... I'll send some up mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, after getting the 99 shooting mint I decided to take it out for a roost shoot. The first time using an airgun hunting since October! I arrived in north yorks exited as hell and when I checked z

No I'm just gonna bring the stuff in and have a go when on night shift this week. Theres a base clamp to secure the piston so It can't move so I'm sure it can't be too difficult. I'm just planning on

Tom a quick tip on polishing the piston mate stick the piston in a drill use wet and dry paper with a smear of auto glem on it   then set the drill away and use the wet and dry to polish it back onc

Posted Images

Well apologies for another change of direction! I had it all polished ready to send off so I put it together with tbt bumslide and the wonky donky drop in kit and wow its just amazing! I highly reccomend the tbt bumslide and a mega polish! As my 85 had 100's more shots through iTS just getting better and better. Tbt bumslide is my choice of lube from now. I really couldent reccomend it ebough.

he could of chosen a better name for it tom, sounds wrong on every level :laugh:

so is the buttoning on the back burner now?!

atb si

Yep Buttoning is on the back burner now. After polishing everything like a mirror and using bumslide it is just amazing. Better than it ever has been! Im scared to open it up again incase it's not the same again. Fps is within 3 and it hardly moves. The wonky donky kit transformed it. If you have had your barrel cut down the .177 kit brings the power to near the limit with no washers and shoots like nothing else! Well chuffed!

• Like 1

Well apologies for another change of direction! I had it all polished ready to send off so I put it together with tbt bumslide and the wonky donky drop in kit and wow its just amazing! I highly reccomend the tbt bumslide and a mega polish! As my 85 had 100's more shots through iTS just getting better and better. Tbt bumslide is my choice of lube from now. I really couldent reccomend it ebough.

he could of chosen a better name for it tom, sounds wrong on every level :laugh:

so is the buttoning on the back burner now?!

atb si

Yep Buttoning is on the back burner now. After polishing everything like a mirror and using bumslide it is just amazing. Better than it ever has been! Im scared to open it up again incase it's not the same again. Fps is within 3 and it hardly moves. The wonky donky kit transformed it. If you have had your barrel cut down the .177 kit brings the power to near the limit with no washers and shoots like nothing else! Well chuffed!

great result tom :thumbs:

just need to get out with her and fill your bag now!

atb si

its good stuff

cheers si

cheers jon.. ill be stripping her down in a couple of weeks cos I'm waiting for a ps vortek seal to land and when its in I'm gonna get one for the 95 too :thumbs:

• Like 1

Theres a vorteck seal in my 99. Everything mirror polished, with a perfectly sized vorteck seal and bumslide it is just phenomenal! There's zero resistance on the piston. You can drop the piston in, point the cyl at the ground and start/stop the piston dropping just by putting your finger over the transfer port. Its so easy to get the power up even through the imps tiny barrel. And it can only get better when bedding in. Let us know how you get on with your project si!

• Like 1

its good stuff

cheers si

cheers jon.. ill be stripping her down in a couple of weeks cos I'm waiting for a ps vortek seal to land and when its in I'm gonna get one for the 95 too :thumbs:

No worries mate :thumbs:

I've got all the bits for my 97 rebuild, except the the red aussie seal - the missus has got me that for my birthday so, I just have to wait a bit longer :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Theres a vorteck seal in my 99. Everything mirror polished, with a perfectly sized vorteck seal and bumslide it is just phenomenal! There's zero resistance on the piston. You can drop the piston in, point the cyl at the ground and start/stop the piston dropping just by putting your finger over the transfer port. Its so easy to get the power up even through the imps tiny barrel. And it can only get better when bedding in. Let us know how you get on with your project si!

Nice work Tom :good:

..... I've never been able to get a piston to do that. I'm going try spending a bit more time polishing this 97 piston when I get the chance :thumbs:

• Like 1

will do tom

i called tony who imports the seals cos i want one for my mates prosport trying to up the power on a ,177 is a nightmare.. i recon when i fit it ill be able to ditch all the preload!

regards my 95 I've got it running really well at just under 12 but i think the vortek will make it even better :thumbs:

• Like 1

The grease in the druggy bag is the spring grease. The bumslide is like black paste in a small pot. Apparently if any bumslide makes it past the piston seal it doesn't burn either. Every gun I work on now I'll use bumslide. wonky donky drop in kits are amazing. In the wd kit the spring is cut to size, flattened and polished, guides fitted and even lubed! It was just a case of taking bit out the packet and putting it in the gun. The kit transformed the gun!

yeah i only use a bit and almost wipe it all off cos it splatters all over if you use to much!

that varn silicon spray works well, used it for years on my bike forks :thumbs:

Think I used too much bumslide on previous builds too, a light film works amazing. Yes I know the varn silicone spray it's good on guilotine beds too ;-)