Diy Piston Buttoning Experiment

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, after getting the 99 shooting mint I decided to take it out for a roost shoot. The first time using an airgun hunting since October! I arrived in north yorks exited as hell and when I checked z

No I'm just gonna bring the stuff in and have a go when on night shift this week. Theres a base clamp to secure the piston so It can't move so I'm sure it can't be too difficult. I'm just planning on

Tom a quick tip on polishing the piston mate stick the piston in a drill use wet and dry paper with a smear of auto glem on it   then set the drill away and use the wet and dry to polish it back onc

Posted Images

Just an update - iv got the 6mm milling bit on the way and sorted permission to use a propper drill press. Just been polishing the piston ready for the bit landing. Hopefully if it arrives this week I can get the button recesses drilled in. If not it will be in 2 weeks time until I can do it.

• Like 1

nice one tom :thumbs: hopefully it'll turn up before your fishing frenzy!

has your engineer mate told you how to drill the cylinder?!

atb si

No I'm just gonna bring the stuff in and have a go when on night shift this week. Theres a base clamp to secure the piston so It can't move so I'm sure it can't be too difficult. I'm just planning on sinking 6 shallow 6mm recesses for the buttons to sit in then carefully polish them down until there's a nice smooth fit. Theres not a lot of room to play with so the buttons will be very shallow I bet but ill give it a go anyway. If it goes wrong I'll just order a new piston.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Well apologies for another change of direction! I had it all polished ready to send off so I put it together with tbt bumslide and the wonky donky drop in kit and wow its just amazing! I highly reccomend the tbt bumslide and a mega polish! As my 85 had 100's more shots through iTS just getting better and better. Tbt bumslide is my choice of lube from now. I really couldent reccomend it ebough.

Well apologies for another change of direction! I had it all polished ready to send off so I put it together with tbt bumslide and the wonky donky drop in kit and wow its just amazing! I highly reccomend the tbt bumslide and a mega polish! As my 85 had 100's more shots through iTS just getting better and better. Tbt bumslide is my choice of lube from now. I really couldent reccomend it ebough.

he could of chosen a better name for it tom, sounds wrong on every level :laugh:

so is the buttoning on the back burner now?!

atb si

• Like 1

he could of chosen a better name for it tom, sounds wrong on every level :laugh:

so is the buttoning on the back burner now?!

atb si

The name made my missus giggle when she saw it :laugh:

It really is good stuff Si :thumbs:

I've got some left - enough to do a rifle with if you want to try it mate :thumbs:

post-102688-0-64594900-1492337089_thumb.jpg

• Like 1