Diy Piston Buttoning Experiment

Well, after getting the 99 shooting mint I decided to take it out for a roost shoot. The first time using an airgun hunting since October! I arrived in north yorks exited as hell and when I checked zero it was making some seriously nasty noises. It was scraping big time when cocking. A bit disheartened I borowed a shotgun to continue my outing. Was loozing forwards to that too.

Anyway....

Gets home and took the thing apart and found this...

20170324_171708_zpss4d7dvk7.jpg

20170323_192554_zpsbgffhknq.jpg

20170324_171644_zpshqn85o6a.jpg

20170324_171652_zpsvtikaoiu.jpg

So tonight I'm sat out in the sun with a load of sandpaper to polish it all out.

I'm planning on sticking delrin buttons to the piston cut from 6mm delrin rod.

Its mainly an experiment. Has anyone tried this? Any info or opinions appriciated!

• Like 3

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, after getting the 99 shooting mint I decided to take it out for a roost shoot. The first time using an airgun hunting since October! I arrived in north yorks exited as hell and when I checked z

No I'm just gonna bring the stuff in and have a go when on night shift this week. Theres a base clamp to secure the piston so It can't move so I'm sure it can't be too difficult. I'm just planning on

Tom a quick tip on polishing the piston mate stick the piston in a drill use wet and dry paper with a smear of auto glem on it   then set the drill away and use the wet and dry to polish it back onc

Posted Images

Tom a quick tip on polishing the piston mate stick the piston in a drill use wet and dry paper with a smear of auto glem on it

then set the drill away and use the wet and dry to polish it back once this is done polish it off with a cloth keep the cloth away from the drill if you dont you will know why lol

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

sorry tom the pics did not go in the right order

post-63400-0-35955900-1490383172.jpg

post-63400-0-59005700-1490383196_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I've never done this tom but I've been thinking about it for a while!

my neighbours a miller so I've been think of asking him to mill stud holes out so they sit on a flat base!

cant see the super glue holding up and you don't want bits of studs floating about :icon_eek:

cant you ask one of the engineers at work i bet one will have a pillar drill with the bit for the job!

good luck :thumbs:

atb si

I got a fly fishing holiday coming up so if i want to do it properly i might have to put it on the back boiler and get it all prepped and get drill bit ordered. Then go see my mate the engineer with a coffe and ask :-)

• Like 1