Sent To Me By Craggers Off Here Today By Pm

Heads up for an argument lol............

Sent Today, 01:28 PM

some while ago you were kind enough to share your experience of foxes with me as I was looking for the extinct greyhound type.

well things have moved on and I thought Id bring you upto date. enclosed is part two of an article destined for the magazine Earth Dog Running Dog (you might have read part 1) Better start saving your pocket money your £20 is in some danger

All very romantic but 20 quid says a fox is a fox after alls said and done .They vary in size ,length and height wherever you go mate so dont be too disappointed that you are chasing the proverbial .Just an observation based on 35 years of hunting ,shooting up and down the country .

Maybe spend your time on human migration, and how to stop it .

This was the response of the self named Foxdropper on The Hunting Life web site after I asked for help in finding a specimen of the greyhound fox, (I didnt like to tell him I had nearly 60 years experience of foxes) I mentally put him down as a fully paid up member of the flat earth society and moved on.

The greyhound fox referred to in the previous article turned out to be a damp squib, the owner kept promising hair but not delivering it was only when I put a rocket up his arse that we got some, however things had moved on by then. There was the oddest piece of taxidermy at a car boot sale darn sarf, the vendor was adamant it was a greyhound fox and some chap despite strong objection from his wife bought it. At that point he knew nothing of greyhound foxes but soon after he saw a piece in the Countryside Alliance magazine I had written and sent some hair to Warwick. The e mail came back

We have DNA from the hair and it is fox but unlike any in our database, some of the differences may be sequencing artefact but we need to get more data.

And there the search stops at least for now, the work goes on but it is not a high priority for the lab but we may now more later in the year

My reply......

Sent Today, 04:48 PM

What you have is an imported fox regardless of any findings .If that exact script appears in edrd you are in breach of copywrite through thl .Few have been taken to court over it so think on .If you've 60 years of looking for a greyhound fox lol something tells me you ain't going to find one .DNA only tells its ancestry not what it looked like .

Lol,not lutra is it .

• Like 1

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

His virginity. I know, it's shocking.

Don't know any of the characters involved,..but as an amatuer scribe myself,.albeit not very prolific,...I do know that if you enlist the help of a fellow hunting man,..whether it be for his story, hi

Posted Images

I'm not sure FD what you think the argument is going to be about, there was or never was such a thing as the Greyhound Fox, or , Craggers has made an infringement on your privacy ?

If it's the second I'll keep my nose out.

If it's the first then IMO I would say that in parts of these isles before transport and communication became modern there were indeed sub species of different mammals. If not sub species then definitely different colours and sizes within a species.

It's only when human intervention takes place does the gene pool get mixed up.

JMHO.

• Like 2

Some time ago a lad put up a post about greyhound foxes to which I replied ,knowing full well who the thread starter is and my public dislike for the fellows way of doing things ,I replied to get a reaction .That reaction is to be printed in next months edrd rag .I put the post up to see if anyone else recognises the OP and to see if any more "greyhound"foxes had turned up .

I'm not sure FD what you think the argument is going to be about, there was or never was such a thing as the Greyhound Fox, or , Craggers has made an infringement on your privacy ?

If it's the first then IMO I would say that in parts of these isles before transport and communication became modern there were indeed sub species of different mammals. If not sub species then definitely different colours and sizes within a species.

JMHO.

No infringement Neil just that I chased the same thing once lol.Thought someone would of guessed who Craggers is to be honest lol.
  • Like 1

JMHO.

No infringement Neil just that I chased the same thing once lol.Thought someone would of guessed who Craggers is to be honest lol.

Does he write books ?