So Got A Hw77, What Now ?.....

Well I found a decent looking Hw77k in .22, looks in good condition and at a decent price guy selling even dropped it in to me to look at so done a deal. .

It's good enough to start me off plus something I can work on a bit to improve I not fired an Air rifle for probably 25 years something to tinker with when I got time when work and the rabbit population is not eating my corn.

I fully put the blame on you guys on this forum for making me want a new plaything to go along side my proper grown ups guns so will be badgering you for advice when needed :p

First up H&N FTT pellets decent ones to start off ? and is there a idiots guide to maintenance and polishing/ lubricating it ?

• Like 3

Well mate, the HW 77 k is also a "proper grown ups gun" - now comes lots and lots of practice before any hunting with her :rtfm:

You`ve made a great choice by the way, the 77 is a top, top springer. :good:

So, your in the fast growing "classic club". Not as long standing as our " Twat`s club" granted.

I`m in both clubs, you see and will probably get called " A Classic Twat " :toast::laugh: ( amongst things :icon_redface: )

Great choice Paulnix, enjoy mate.

atb Mark

• Like 4

Trying to sort pics but i'm a dunce at that stuff plus the camera is flat :p

Yep rear sights on it and the guy I had it never had a scope on it, H&H's ordered up !

Why do I always want rifles someone else has got. I've held 77's many times, shooting and not, have a 97 but want your 77 now :)

• Like 1

Yep rear sights on it and the guy I had it never had a scope on it, H&H's ordered up !

Why do I always want rifles someone else has got. I've held 77's many times, shooting and not, have a 97 but want your 77 now :)

Honest darling I found the Rifle on my way back to the car, you do believe me don't you my Angel?

• Like 1

Grass is always greener comes to mind mate :thumbs:

• Like 3

Grass is always greener comes to mind mate :thumbs:

Is it though? I think it's just when others get something new...

• Like 1

Right Paul first off nice rifle and one of the best money can buy

as the lads have say,d if it shoot nice leave it be

NOW

ITS ETHER ONE OF THE NEW HW77

OR A 77 IN A NEW 97 STOCK

as they changed the wood on the 97 a year and a half ago or was it two

my brother got his new and i was there when he got his hw97 and it had the same new stock on her

ether way you have scored a lot of lads fit the 97 stock to a 77

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3

Great choice there mate and I love the new stocks, regarding tinkering with her, I got most of my info from the YouTube (geordie hunters tv, strip and tune a HW97) and when things didn't go to plan or I got stuck I asked the lads here for assistance. But TBH they are really easy to strip and re build.

Edited by Richard Collett
  • Like 1