Have given my dogs garlic in the Summer time for years now to keep on top of parasites.

It thins the blood but if you're not working them I can't see a problem.

The secret is trying to get the dog to take it as they hate the smell (fair play to you Dytkos if they'll eat the flakes) so I use the odourless tablets designed for humans.

I sometimes put whole cloves in their water but some take them out and throw them away.

• Like 1

In theory bloodsucking parasites and worms don't find their host as hospitable if there's garlic running through the veins.

There's plenty of homeopathic wormers etc. nowadays that are garlic based. Personally I don't use them preferring to use a proper wormer but I use garlic as a day to day conditioner. But like I say, garlic thins the blood so I wouldn't use it while dogs are working hard.

Top Pigeon men swear by garlic as a supplement and their game's as hard as any and a clove of garlic floating in young poultry's water makes a big difference in their survival rate.

But, they're birds not dogs but IMO it does dogs more good than harm.

• Like 1

I often have cloves of garlic in their water all the time. The garlic actually grows and just lift it out when changing the water and put it back in then.

Anything like the garlic capsules, cod liver oil capsules and apple cider vinegar I usually feed it a week on and a week off.

I'm not sure if that's the correct procedure but it's how I do it.

• Like 1