New Member From Kidderminster

Hi everyone, I'm completely new field sports.

I sailed windsurfing boards from the age of 8 to 33 but had to give up the sport due to a serious back injury and was no longer able to hook in the harness.

In 2012 and 8 years without a hobby and at the age of 42 I started shooting sporting clays and loved it !

Now hoping to progress to wood pigeon shooting one day,I'm on a syndicate waiting list,called the dead shoes list :)

But I must confess I have very little knowledge of pigeon shooting or fieldcraft and hunting in general.

So I'm on a big learning curve.

So high to all from Kidderminster.

Hi mate, one tip for you regards clays and live bird's , remember that a clay will always be slowing down, once it left the trap, a wild bird , more so a pigeon will be picking up speed with the wind , and only slow down dropping in to land, but apart from that all birds pick up speed on the move . i struggled at 1st because i track a bird ,in the same way with a clay, just nudge to the front a fire, norm clays 35-38 from 50 ,. so i had to change my mind set with living target , hit few, but miss a fair few as well :D

• Like 3
Guest Navek

Hi everyone, I'm completely new field sports.

I sailed windsurfing boards from the age of 8 to 33 but had to give up the sport due to a serious back injury and was no longer able to hook in the harness.

In 2012 and 8 years without a hobby and at the age of 42 I started shooting sporting clays and loved it !

Now hoping to progress to wood pigeon shooting one day,I'm on a syndicate waiting list,called the dead shoes list :)

But I must confess I have very little knowledge of pigeon shooting or fieldcraft and hunting in general.

So I'm on a big learning curve.

So high to all from Kidderminster.

Hi and welcome I have family near Kidderminster and highley, they have permission round there and had some good days shooting pigeon rabbit duck pheasant and geese...one thing tho , clay are good for getting your eye in but are feck all like real pigeon shooting ..

welcome mate. got some good advice on the shooting allready. get out there and do some pigeon shooting a.s.a.p you will enjoy it. ive seen a few tidy clay shooters trying to shoot pigeons mate and they cant hit shit as there is no substatute for the real thing. ive found pigeon shooters adjust to clay shooting easier than clay shooters adjust to pigeon shooting. pigeon shooting is good sport when they are coming in thick and fast.