Muzzles

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fact your asking this question swap the ferrets for budgies or pigeons

I will handle them every day I possibly can, they don't nip me! unless I have got a glove on that had rabbit blood all over it but they do want to nip my son and I think its scared him off, he loves

I'm no expert don't claim to be, just have no time for people that are not genuine.

doesn't necessarily have to be young ones down there for the ferret to kill and stay..........just means you got more of a chance of this happening around this time of year..........I would never dream of putting muzzles on a ferret or using any other methods to stop them doing what generally comes naturally to them.........after all their teeth are their only line of defence and they might not only just bump into a rabbit while below.......

perhaps you need to be doing a bit more research and understanding the game a bit more and gain a bit more knowledge ready for next season.........not a dig at you, just my opinion.........

all the best

jay. :thumbs:

thank you jay jay ?? i was hoping a freind of mine would of been the one to teach me everything i needed to know but won't be doing as much next season

i'll stick to the web and do the reaserch

doesn't necessarily have to be young ones down there for the ferret to kill and stay..........just means you got more of a chance of this happening around this time of year..........I would never dream of putting muzzles on a ferret or using any other methods to stop them doing what generally comes naturally to them.........after all their teeth are their only line of defence and they might not only just bump into a rabbit while below.......

perhaps you need to be doing a bit more research and understanding the game a bit more and gain a bit more knowledge ready for next season.........not a dig at you, just my opinion.........

all the best

jay. :thumbs:

I've seen pictures in old books of ferrets with muzzles and talked to old timers who cut their ferrets canine teeth out to stop them biting and killing rabbits,the same ones who feed only bread and milk.I've also heard of people tying string to collars and attempting to pull ferrets from warrens.Study the sport .I'm sure fellow hunters will help if you do the right thing.

thank you, i didn't want to use the ferrets with the cord and pull them out but i did see the muzzle dose come with the cord

I've seen pictures in old books of ferrets with muzzles and talked to old timers who cut their ferrets canine teeth out to stop them biting and killing rabbits,the same ones who feed only bread and milk.I've also heard of people tying string to collars and attempting to pull ferrets from warrens.Study the sport .I'm sure fellow hunters will help if you do the right thing.

The string thing is for a liner. It's for locating laid up fezzers in the warren and giving an idea of depth etc for digging down

Jus keep askin ye questions buddy, never mind the instant experts, we wasnt all born knowing everything, an for future reference, muzzles are frowned upon, an ferretinb after this time a year will be a chore, but if needs a must get it done. Would be much better waiting till sept tho

I know I wouldn't be ferreting this time of year if the owner of the horse paddock wasn't worried the horses would fall down the holes in the middle of the fields and break there legs, so by the looks of it I will be doing a hell of a lot of digging over the weekend!

but thank you

Jus keep askin ye questions buddy, never mind the instant experts, we wasnt all born knowing everything, an for future reference, muzzles are frowned upon, an ferretinb after this time a year will be a chore, but if needs a must get it done. Would be much better waiting till sept tho

I'm no expert don't claim to be, just have no time for people that are not genuine.

• Like 2