No3 Bore Garden Gun

Right chaps I am after a litte help and ask you to keep an eye open please when you call in your local gunship as I am on the look out for the above. It is also known as a 9mm garden gun made by Webley and Scott and very similar to look at as a bolt action .410 shotgun.

It is something I have thought about every few years or so and whilst it has very limited use, great fun on rats. Sadly no longer made although 9mm brass cartridges are still easily available.

Anyway, if any of you come across one of these little shotguns on your travels, I would be grateful if you could let me know.

Thank you

Philippe

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/webley-scott/single-shot/9mm-rf/garden-gun-160922142606008

Looks like a No3 by the pics and Avalon guns in Somerset also have one for sale I think.

Looks a cracking little gun.

Thank you for that Paul. I have had a call from a friend this morning as he knows of one close to us so I am going to follow that one up first.

Phil

I have an Anshutz one in my cabinet, Totally useless for much other than very close small pest control or teaching the children gun safety. Cartridges are expensive too.

I cannot disagree with you but it is just one of those things that keeps coming up in my head and I have a feeling that I can pot a rat or two with it. It is never likely to get much use, just an itch that I need to scratch.

It will for sure be used to teach my grandson gun safety when old enough.

Phil

I know where you are coming from Tim and agree, in fact I may get a .410 O/U 3'' for US skeet shooting which is brilliant fun mate but this little gun is no more than just something I fancy, nothing more with very low expectations.

I certainly will not be paying much for one that is for sure and if I don't find one for less than £80, I won't be getting one. At that money I can sell it, at £130ish, I will not get my money back and on a whim, I want to keep the cost down.

I know a chap who is going to sell all his guns which include a .410 and 12 gauge hushpower along with various others so if I want a quiet shotty, I will wait for one of these, it is likely that I buy all his guns and sell on what I don't want but he is abroad for a few months at the moment so that is on hold.

Phil

• Like 1

Well done [BANNED TEXT],i only paid £30 for my 16 bore single .Nothing special but bunnies dont like it and it folds into nothing so is easy to carry.Did it come with any 9mm cartridges or is it deep pockets time