290 Yard Magpie | Tikka T3 .223

Slightly sorry for the way my comment reads. I didn't mean it quite like that. Just had a word with my mate who has a recorded kill on a crow at 584 yds. He reckons it goes on all the time and there's a guy on YouTube doing silly things. Still can't believe it cause I can't even see 300 yds never mind take a shot. What a shot pal. Jok.

Watch this bloke

Great shooting Elliott

I have to,say mate you really know your stuff ,

What app have you got to work all that out ? So quike

Atb

Thanks David, it's only a bit if practice and knowing the data. Nowt that special. I'm using Strelock Pro which holds all my ballistic data. Combined with a rangefinder and wind meter.

Keep the app open on your phone, range the target, check the wind, dial your adjustments and take the shot. Sounds more long-winded than it actually is. You'll do it all in under a minute. Wind is the only realistic variable to consider. Today it was pretty consistant.

Elliott

what vortex scope are you using?

Underdog. Yes but at what? I've shot at the barracks but obviously controlled, red flags RO etc. Some of these shots are, to say the least, extreme. I tried the other morning to view a bird at approximately 400 yds and to be honest I could'nt have taken the shot. It was a pigeon. Now I know optics are the key but for your Mr average these shots just going to occur. Jok.

Underdog. Yes but at what? I've shot at the barracks but obviously controlled, red flags RO etc. Some of these shots are, to say the least, extreme. I tried the other morning to view a bird at approximately 400 yds and to be honest I could'nt have taken the shot. It was a pigeon. Now I know optics are the key but for your Mr average these shots just going to occur. Jok.

What ever I fancied mate, on a hill side usually.

Rabbits this side of 400 yards were at serious risk.

I hear you and appreciate that it is done. Just wondering? At. 400 yds which again Inthink is ludicrous, which part of the target are you going for? I remember a friend of mine saying can you see that hare which was 3 fields away? At the time I was into a 300 win mag. Scoped and took the shot. When we got to the target all that was left was a silhouette. Point I'm making is we kill for food. This sounds like kill with no regard. Only my blind as a bat opinion. Jok.

We use to shoot heavy rabbit infested new plantations on hill sides.

We would observe rabbits reaching over the tree guards and eating the saplings.

The gaffer of the estate paid us and paid for powder, bullets and primers by the thousands!

We became good shots back then !

That's my question answered then. No regard for quarry as no expense spared. Just shoot the fckers. I've no problem with that pal but my butcher wouldn't be impressed. LOL? Slightly getting off the thread if I may. Colour of eyes? Do you long shot guys give this any consideration or do you defo know what is in the line of sight? Clearly I'm on about 4 legs. I ask because I had a scare. Jok.

Slightly getting off the thread if I may. Colour of eyes? Do you long shot guys give this any consideration or do you defo know what is in the line of sight? Clearly I'm on about 4 legs. I ask because I had a scare. Jok.

If you don't know what you're aiming at, why take the risk?

Good shooting!

Had a cracker the other night, we were waiting for a fox and nothing was showing, spotted a rabbit to the right of a pylon way out, my mate said if you can hit that I'll buy the food from Mc'ds :laugh: , using .223 with 40gr vmax, aimed above it around 9", hit it in the chest approx 350 yds using drone 10x , don't get me wrong it looked pretty small, flipped over...still owes me a burger!