Don't Take Things For Granted

about a month ago i bought at tbt drop-in kit cheap off freeads for my hw95, it had never been used it comprised of spring/grease/guides...

id already done a home tune on it and was happy with the power and performance but i was curious as to what difference the kit with the guides would make so i got the kit and fitted it :thumbs:

one thing stood out like a sore cock when i changed the spring

post-102306-0-73673300-1489757994.jpg

these are both the same spring as supplied by ze germans for the 95 :blink:

when i put it back together it became obvious that it was running a bit hot and the combro agreed but its not exactly the most reliable bit of kit...

so I've been waiting for my mate at the shop to get me a chrony! i picked it up this morning as I'm having a day off.

tested the 510 first running @11.9 with jsb heavys nothings changed was putting out that when i got it!!

tested a prosport I've got to fettle for a mate running @10.91 with jsb heavys... ill be knocking it up a bit over the weekend!

so im happy with the chrony... now the 95 :icon_eek:

h&n extremes 830@14.68

h&n sniper lights 950@15.05

this is where i was expecting a fcuking hell moment but it went the opposite way, got a tin of hollow points that are light and usually put out a ridiculous fps

but maybe to much power has a negative affect with these!

post-102306-0-80589600-1489758007.jpg

so this will be the end of me knocking crows off at mega ranges as the spring is out awaiting a couple of coils removing!

atb si

• Like 6

Oops :o

Out of curiosity mate, what was it like to shoot?

While I was going through a lot of trial and error with tuning my .22 TX, I discovered by accident that it ran really nice around 18ftlb.

it was sound, had a bit of a kick but id got to grips with it and sub 5p groups were easily doable at 40yrd... and it could be pushed way past that!

it'll be even smoother once I've cut a couple of coils out :thumbs:

went out a few sundays ago, never put a post up but it worked well on the pigeons and squirrels :icon_eek:

While I was going through a lot of trial and error with tuning my .22 TX, I discovered by accident that it ran really nice around 18ftlb.

it was sound, had a bit of a kick but id got to grips with it and sub 5p groups were easily doable at 40yrd... and it could be pushed way past that!

went out a few sundays ago, never put a post up but it worked well on the pigeons and squirrels :icon_eek:

I've had FAC air nagging away in the back of my mind for a while now.

I've tried a .25 at near 50ftlb - that was an awesome beast.

I've read some good things about TX Mk3s on some of the yank sites.

Simon does well with his 80.

Phil loves his Impact.

I think the time for a cabinet is getting closer :hmm:

• Like 2

I've had FAC air nagging away in the back of my mind for a while now.

I've tried a .25 at near 50ftlb - that was an awesome beast.

I've read some good things about TX Mk3s on some of the yank sites.

Simon does well with his 80.

Phil loves his Impact.

I think the time for a cabinet is getting closer :hmm:

april jon... tax time :yes:

had hold of a few 243's this morning when i went to get the chrony..there are loads of foxes round here!

but there will be room for a fac impact

• Like 1

Find a piece of 10mm studding & a few nuts, pop it inside the spring & do them up compressing the spring down to solid, leave this compressed for about 20 mins then undo the nuts carefully, the spring will be about 25 -30 mm shorter

Phil also likes his Rapid .22 FAC as well Jon.....................................................come over to the dark side matey, you know it makes sense. :whistling:

Never mind the Chrony Si, what about that other item we talked about in Rob's shop, has he got one and are you buying it :hmm:

Phil

• Like 1

Find a piece of 10mm studding & a few nuts, pop it inside the spring & do them up compressing the spring down to solid, leave this compressed for about 20 mins then undo the nuts carefully, the spring will be about 25 -30 mm shorter

not got any threaded bar kicking about vm.. I've got a bench grinder and I'm sure the bloke next door will have a blow torch he's like a white ba baracus!

cheers si

Phil also likes his Rapid .22 FAC as well Jon.....................................................come over to the dark side matey, you know it makes sense. :whistling:

Never mind the Chrony Si, what about that other item we talked about in Rob's shop, has he got one and are you buying it :hmm:

Phil

called in to see rob on thursday Phil, got the chrony from scarborough shop!!

he didn't have one in... but he did put in a phone call for me :D

• Like 1

B&Q have threaded bar SI and it is quite cheap, just a thought.

Phil

cheers phil... I've got a feeling that it will need a fair bit choping out, the original spring never had any pre-load at all and this needs to accommodate the plastic top hat!!

our b&q is sh!t went in there last night with the kids to get 3 things and walked out empty handed :censored:

well i managed to borrow a mini blow torch and chopped a chunk of spring out...

tided the ends up with some wet n dry and its sitting pretty and legal now :thumbs:

post-102306-0-62995200-1489932412.jpg

couldn't test it till i went into town and bought a pack of stick on battery lights cos the light was sh!te £3bargain...

far cheaper than the £100 chrony want for there kit

and tested with the 510 that i know runs at a consistent level

post-102306-0-66984300-1489932586_thumb.jpg

jsb heavys 715@11.69

h&n extremes 743.7@11.79

job done I'm happy :victory:

atb si

• Like 1