Last Day Barbel

post-28253-0-10706800-1489523391_thumb.jpgpost-28253-0-98738500-1489523420_thumb.jpg

Went on the ribble earlier on with a mate trying to get him his first barbel before the season ends . I had a couple of chub and this 10.10 on boilie and my mate had a 5.6 not long after .

• Like 13

Think the locals have been doing well on barbel on the wye at Monmouth.

The wye was one of the rivers I wanted to fish but didn't get round to going on . Next season I'll get down there though .

Nice lump that mate. I bet your pal was pleased with his first one too

I think it's an old fish that's been a lot bigger . The head and shoulders are massive on it and the mouth was huge . My mate was over the moon , he's a new member and only ever carp fished before . He was starting to get downhearted and thinking he would blank and then about 2 o clock his tip wrapped round . He couldn't get over how hard it was fighting and was convinced it was a bigger fish till he saw it . He's hooked on barbel now though

• Like 2

well done mate crackin fish never got the oppertunity to wet a line this year first time ever if your goin to the wye mate ive got a number for a mile and half stretch there great fishin few me pals been this season and had some crackin days just pm me ill send it over atb

• Like 1