Another Hw35 /177/squab.s Rifle

Going back to the power of an Air Sporter Mac, I was reading an article that mentioned that the Air Sporter S is the highest powered of all types of this rifle, and being close to the legal limit of 12ft/lbs.

Right, off to the " man cave" - the garage putting shelves up :cray:

atb Mark

• Like 1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right lads Rob,s(squab) hw35 177   this will be pic heavy lads so Rob can see what work is being done to his rifle   just got it this morning and after work i set about it   atvbjimmy :thumbs:

THIS IS WHAT YOUR GETTING BACK ROB EXACTLY WHAT YOU SEE MATE   ENJOY HER   AND BE SAFE   ATVBJIMMY :thumbs:

your right mate didnt know it had any grain I wasnt 100% there was even a rifle under all that muck lol,as for cricket not my game but obviously she been well abused over the years,as for leaving it a

Posted Images

They were short on power ( HW 35) when I was a young lad but a tune and polish and modern drop in kits will surely solve that one.

I really fancy a full length HW 35 E (Export) polished,- beautiful gun and looking for a BSF Bavaria 55 ( very powerful classic).

atb Mark

• Like 1

They were short on power ( HW 35) when I was a young lad but a tune and polish and modern drop in kits will surely solve that one.

I really fancy a full length HW 35 E (Export) polished,- beautiful gun and looking for a BSF Bavaria 55 ( very powerful classic).

atb Mark

Im going to wait until iv had this one crono,ed tomorrow and if she is not over 11 then she is going to get a washer or two put in i want her running just right for the lad .

i did not like the old ox spring that was in it was shit it had loads of pre load when you cocked her but it would not smash a bottle

now with this new spring she is sweet and cocks easy and smooth no noise what so ever

plus the old spring had been cut bad and it only had 27 coils where this new one has 30

3 extra coils make all the difference

atvbjimmy :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Looking at the highly polished cylinder and parts you`ve worked on she should be as smooth as silk Mac.

Talking to Tim ( Charlie Caller) the other day and we both agree,- 11.99999 ft/lbs is not the way :nono:

A lovely, smooth action first with pure accuracy always trumps power. :yes:

To get around 11 - 11.5 ft/lbs tops with that smooth as silk action and shot cycle is " the pinnacle" ( for me)

She looks like you`ll get that mate.

atb Mark

• Like 1

Have most of my springers sitting around 11,47 and thats where i like them to be But iv had all of mine tuned and polished with in an inch of there lifes to a point if i was to remove any more it would feck the rifle

result is next to no recoil smooth to cock and very very deadly accurate

but takes a very long time to do this to a rifle as you need to double check every thing twice lol

and as Tim will no dout say you need to put the rifle back together and test fire it then take her apart again more than once

very time consuming lol

• Like 1

Well iv put one power washer in her and she likes the jsb exacts 8,44 ,,,4.50 best

they hit hard just need to get her crono,d now and see if i need to take it back out or not lol

wine bottles at 18yrds well whats left of them :D

shot another three but they just exploded again the one still standing i just clipped it

its hard with no stock and sites fitted lol

post-63400-0-50287000-1490195581_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-22357200-1490195591.jpg

• Like 1

Iv just re.blue,d the stock screws and spray,d the trigger guard

put another coat of oil on the hw35 stock and the tornado stock

Rob do me a big fave,r mate

AND LOOK AFTER THIS RIFLE IV PUT SOME WORK INTO HER MATE

AND SHE IS STUNNING AND IM NOT JUST SAYING THAT SHE REALLY IS STUNNING

SHE SHOOTS NICE AND LOOKS STUNNING

ATVBJIMMY :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-99354700-1490200805.jpg

post-63400-0-16327800-1490200834.jpg

post-63400-0-81117700-1490200844.jpg

post-63400-0-68993400-1490200856_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-59590800-1490200865_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-86351700-1490200875_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-99806900-1490200889_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-95374400-1490200901_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-20922100-1490200913_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Your right she is stunning,seen plenty of your work on here but when you see your own re stored like this you have to feel that little bit better about it lol.

I know nothing of its history only fired couple shots in the garden just to see if it worked but its been given the chance to do me right for the future,look forward to sharing plenty pics of her on my trips out.

Probably be a case of ffs not rob and his hw35 again lol.

You done a cracking job thankyou

• Like 2

Your right she is stunning,seen plenty of your work on here but when you see your own re stored like this you have to feel that little bit better about it lol.

I know nothing of its history only fired couple shots in the garden just to see if it worked but its been given the chance to do me right for the future,look forward to sharing plenty pics of her on my trips out.

Probably be a case of ffs not rob and his hw35 again lol.

You done a cracking job thankyou

YOUR WELCOME ROB

Just got to sort the stock out now then put her back together mate

should be done in two or three days

• Like 1

atb Mark

Still low on power to day mark had her crono,d today and she was sitting at 6 or there abouts and thaats with a new spring in her so came back and fitted another washer

and she went up to just over 8 .

So came back and changed the spring for an old titan spring i got off viz and has been laying around put another washer in as well as well as the bottom hat went back to the rfd,s and she is sitting at just over 9 now .

But this is the thing Mark you can feel the tension on the spring when you cock it you can feel the power is there

i put jsb rs in her at 7,33gr and she destroyed every thing she hit from 18yrds bottles just exploded ..it blue big fecking holes in tins i put a shot in the door of my shed to see what she would do it went strait through and put an indentation on my water tank after it went through the door ,

this dose not seem to me like it was from a 9ftb rifle

i put a good few shots into my back stop tin sheet folded over three times and she put big fecking craters in when she hit

Im going to get her crono,d again some where else to see what she is like then iv had her apart four or five times to day even cleaned her all out again and re,lubed her in case i had out to much in her

she has had my fecking head done in all day

hear are the pics of what she did to the shed and the tins as for the bottles well there was nothing left of them to take pics of lol

post-63400-0-86756400-1490295832_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-82762500-1490295843_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-97224200-1490295853_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-11749600-1490295864_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-25679800-1490295875_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

f**k sake Mac - Stop :o

....... You're wrecking the place :o

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dose not look like a rifle only doing 9 dose it Jon

No mate - are you sure the chrono is spot on?

I just noticed, you shot the shit out of a full tin of peas :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1