Fuerteventura

There is a few lads from this site (Wirral Sea Fishing) that have been going for the last couple of years I think, they seem to do well, lots of variety and big fish possible from the shore.

http://www.wirralseafishing.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=30802

Gaz

Edited to add, they have had some great fish from over there, search the site to find his other reports.

Edited by gazjon5

Speak to Aram, he can arrange trips as well as put you on the fish from the shore, runs the tackle shop in caletta.

In all honesty, the boat fishing is good, but some awesome fishing from the rocks as well, I have had bluefish, gars, bonito, hammerhead, Ray's, some BIG fish from close in, as well as the small hard fighting palometta, they are great fun on light tackle.

• Like 1

Thanks Rabid,Gaz for the advice. I think I was a bit ambitious I was only there for four nights but on these short trips I do sometimes manage a half days fishing, unfortunately not on this occasion. As Rabid has said " gone fishing " is the place for the information. The shore fishing potential looks exciting. Definitely worth a visit with fishing in mind! Despite the arid, almost prehistoric landscape the island has a unique beauty, not much in the way of wildlife but i did see Hoopoe! In my opinion say away from the likes of Corralejo and Morro jable, we stayed in Gran Tarajal, no hotels and no English spoken!!!!

• Like 1

Anyone know anything about the fishing on Fuerteventura? Would be grateful for any info

You will have to purchase a license from the local government department when your over there. It took me about 1/2 aday to get one, first you have to take your id to the relevant government department fill in the forms they will then send you to the bank to pay then you have to go back to government office with the receipt then they will process the paperwork. Don't forget they close for lunch. But the license does last for 3 year and covers you for any Spanish island. The local police enforce the law and it was a 200 euro fine.. Be warned!!!!

• Like 1