Somone Wanted To See Some Wild Hog Hunting ?

Someone here wanted to see a pic of our hogs. Well some guys brought there dogs down today and I was in the area. Wasn't able to get my knife out or my AR smoking but was fun all the same. These two weight out around 350lbs each with 7inch cutters. One of the bay dogs got gut hooked but should be OK

post-103039-0-61474000-1489374019.jpg

• Like 11

I was watching a documentary on the control of wild pigs in Australia and in America. The people who were doing it were saying the key to keeping the numbers down is not to kill the mature sows but rather the piglets and the other sows in a group.

Apparently the matriarchal sow stops the other younger sows from mating. However if you kill her then all the other sows vie for that matriarchal position by giving birth.

• Like 1

Sorry no pics of their dogs but normally the bay dogs are walkers or cattohula (blue) though most any dog can be a good bay dog. Lotta mix breeds . Catch dogs are usually pitbulls or American bulldog. Pit bulls being the preferd in my area. Though I have seen mastifs and rotwillers used . all dogs wear tracking collars but the catch dogs are usually the only ones who wear the cut vests.

Sorry no pseof their dogs but normally the bay dogs are walkers or cattohula (blue) though most any dog can be a good bay dog. Lotta mix breeds . Catch dogs are usually pitbulls or American bulldog. Pit bulls being the preferd in my area. Though I have seen mastifs and rotwillers used . all dogs wear tracking collars but the catch dogs are usually the only ones who wear the cut vests.

I had a video about twenty years ago of fellas been brought hog hunting It was more of an advertisement for what they offer but fook me it was some video plenty of action the bayers had a ridgeback look about them hardy dogs whatever they were some of the took a bit of punishment but the American bulldog were something eles I've seen plenty of them American bulldog over here but there piss poor cocomparisons to the ones on that video.

Looks like he rode it into the ground. Been watching lots of pig hunting clips on youtube lately. Mostly in new zealand and it looks bloody exciting stuff and lots of good meat.

you bet ! Just got back from deboining an those to weighted out to 158lbs of sausage meat! All organic too lol !

The bloke in the orange looks like a absolute machine

I thought the same - I wouldn't be surprised if that's how that hog met it's end :o:D

he did stock one of em ! I forgot which though. By stick I men while the catch dogs do their deal he came up grabbed it by the hid legs and knifed him right through the heart with a knife. Cool old dude though

The bloke in the orange looks like a absolute machine

I thought the same - I wouldn't be surprised if that's how that hog met it's end :o:D
he did stock one of em ! I forgot which though. By stick I men while the catch dogs do their deal he came up grabbed it by the hid legs and knifed him right through the heart with a knife. Cool old dude though
Nice work :good:

...... It's got to take some balls to grab one of those by the leg when it's agitated.