Nice Day For It

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A cracking day today for showing the whippet pup some more on the hills.

No disrespect to anyone here I don't see the people moaning putting up pictures or videos of thete dogs working Trev puts up loads of videos and picture if more were like him this site would be a bett

A rabbits a pest ffs no wonder People don't post on here

Them rabbits must be hard as feck to need 3 dogs on 1.

I would be embarrassed to put a video up for all to see with 3 dogs ragging a rabbit.

deffo bruising to the left quadriceptor dorsiflexor terrible realy :yes: better still get your vids up in the next year or two :thumbs:
I go ferreting with my bull x and lakie x jrt.

They won't even double grab a rabbit in a purse net.

If the bull x retrieves a bolter the terrier won't make the slightest movement towards grabbing the rabbit from the runner.

Can you honestly tell me what a 5 month old pup is going to learn being allowed to pile into a rabbit with 2 other dogs.

It will learn that that behaviour is acceptable and is wanted from him.

It's not hard to practise retrieving work in the back garden amongst a few dogs.

The first dog that grabs the toy rag ball stick etc.

Is the 1 that retrieves it.

The others are told no.

Then throw it towards the others and repeat the command.

The dogs will then know that if 1 has got hold they don't pile in.

By all means having 3 runners behind 1 bolter will tip the odds of you catching the rabbit.

But a bit of discipline amongst the dogs is needed.

• Like 1

I would be embarrassed to put a video up for all to see with 3 dogs ragging a rabbit.

Lol like I have just said show me how it should be done, the third one is a 5 month old pup.
If I went out with anyone off here ferreting and my dog tried taking a rabbit off the lads runner as it grabbed the rabbit or was retrieving the rabbit I would feel like a knob.

Yes you got a new dog 5 month old.

Learn it the proper way to work in the field.

Not stand there silent with the phone on record.

deffo bruising to the left quadriceptor dorsiflexor terrible realy :yes: better still get your vids up in the next year or two :thumbs:
I go ferreting with my bull x and lakie x jrt.

They won't even double grab a rabbit in a purse net.

If the bull x retrieves a bolter the terrier won't make the slightest movement towards grabbing the rabbit from the runner.

Can you honestly tell me what a 5 month old pup is going to learn being allowed to pile into a rabbit with 2 other dogs.

It will learn that that behaviour is acceptable and is wanted from him.

It's not hard to practise retrieving work in the back garden amongst a few dogs.

The first dog that grabs the toy rag ball stick etc.

Is the 1 that retrieves it.

The others are told no.

Then throw it towards the others and repeat the command.

The dogs will then know that if 1 has got hold they don't pile in.

By all means having 3 runners behind 1 bolter will tip the odds of you catching the rabbit.

But a bit of discipline amongst the dogs is needed.

il hav to teach my dogs that technique :thumbs: must be the beddie in him IMG_7637_zps9y79mlzh.jpg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1

So you walked down the hill to the wall and because the whippet was to fukced to run past you it dropped a dead rabbit near you .... brilliant lol .......

Now you have made yourself sound the c nt you are.

So you walked down the hill to the wall and because the whippet was to fukced to run past you it dropped a dead rabbit near you .... brilliant lol .......

Now you have made yourself sound the c nt you are.

Really lol the truth hurts .......

Lol like I have just said show me how it should be done, the third one is a 5 month old pup.
If I went out with anyone off here ferreting and my dog tried taking a rabbit off the lads runner as it grabbed the rabbit or was retrieving the rabbit I would feel like a knob.

Well thanks for all that but after 37 years of working dogs i'll do it my way.

Another good vid Trev. The nxt 2 fields on looks a bit canny ? Only taking the piss bud. That little lurcher is a class dog never tire of seeing it on vids & also your whippets. Hope all settled now with you & vin & i look forward to many more vids from You Vin & Tommo. Have a good summer bud. Atb

• Like 1

you have been told trev

• Like 1

Well you said show me how it should be done ?

If that's how you bring pups on after 37yrs of working them.

All the best.

Well you said show me how it should be done ?

If that's how you bring pups on after 37yrs of working them.

All the best.

Feck me your hard wok, I said show me not tell me.

• Like 1

you have been told trev

Off to bed mate speak soon, atb