Where You Heading

Fished since I was 6, I'm 40 now and I still love it... from match fishing to sea, boat, and a bit of fluff chucking in the past... rivers, ponds, canals, rocks, beaches... anywhere wet I'd have a go lol

My big thing the last few years has been kayak fishing hopefully get time to get out a bit again...

Running a stick float through a nice river swim, up to you nuts in the water with a bait apron on, early morning, sun breaking through.... f**k is there anything better??? Lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 4

Water is weird.....like really weird.....driving in the car and going over any bridge, no matter how small, I have to look down at the water and wonder what's in there....sea fishing from the shore or boat is all about the unexpected,....what's going to pull your string.....often a nice trout stream near here, I catch a couple of fish and am quite happy to sit and watch the world go by....

• Like 6

This is the thing you never know whats coming along. I walked out to a channel once at low water. Setup the first rod and cast in close. Turned away for a piddle and heard clank clank. Looked around and the rod was being slammed into the stand and tip bouncing off the floor. By the time I got sorted it was gone as I hadn't set my drag.

Another night then first cast and a big tide before i new it I had a lot of line out. Saw the tip bounce twice and line go slack. Reeled into it and even with all that line out I could feel the fish fighting and it wasn't budging much at all. I got to heavy handed and it came off. The whoopers all ways get away lol but one day. Also just as happy catching nice 3-4lbers as they are the ones with the taste :thumbs:

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1

This is the thing you never know whats coming along. I walked out to a channel once at low water. Setup the first rod and cast in close. Turned away for a piddle and heard clank clank. Looked around and the rod was being slammed into the stand and tip bouncing off the floor. By the time I got sorted it was gone as I hadn't set my drag.

Another night then first cast and a big tide before i new it I had a lot of line out. Saw the tip bounce twice and line go slack. Reeled into it and even with all that line out I could feel the fish fighting and it wasn't budging much at all. I got to heavy handed and it came off. The whoopers all ways get away lol but one day. Also just as happy catching nice 3-4lbers as they are the ones with the taste :thumbs:

that pretty much sums up some of the big ones I've nearly had! Lol you can just tell it's whopper and then the line goes slack! We've all had them, and I'll bet you fished that mark again? Just thinking it might come back and give you a second chance? Sat there watching the rod "I won't get so giddy this time, I'll play it properly" lol

I still fish some spots where I've never had anything but a whopping bite!

• Like 1

Short term I want to get an alligator gar,might manage it in the next few weeks,long term I want to catch a 100kg freshwater fish and land it from the bank.

where bouts you fish for alligator gar mack ?

Thailand mate,i didn't fish today though,spent the morning in chonburi zip-lining through the forest canopy on a flight of the gibbon eco-tour.

• Like 1

Short term I want to get an alligator gar,might manage it in the next few weeks,long term I want to catch a 100kg freshwater fish and land it from the bank.

where bouts you fish for alligator gar mack ?

Thailand mate,i didn't fish today though,spent the morning in chonburi zip-lining through the forest canopy on a flight of the gibbon eco-tour.

sounds fun mack , do them alli gars swim the rivers ?

• 2 weeks later...

Back into sea fishing again target plaice, thornbacks and bass mainly, maybe a few mackerel to put in the smoker. Nothing like just sitting there watching the rod tips and the world go by. Tried the Carp fishing but its back to the sea and the not knowing what is going to grab the bait. Just going to fish for the fun of it no more clubs or league fishing.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2

Back into sea fishing again target plaice, thornbacks and bass mainly, maybe a few mackerel to put in the smoker. Nothing like just sitting there watching the rod tips and the world go by. Tried the Carp fishing but its back to the sea and the not knowing what is going to grab the bait. Just going to fish for the fun of it no more clubs or league fishing.

Cheers Arry

good luck arry :thumbs:

• Like 1

Cant be happier than helping my kids catch perch on the stour in essex/suffolk I also

like my chironimid fishing in may and dry fly fishing in sept

cheers Dan

You are close to me then Dan. Although I use the Stour for the bass in the salty end.

Love all types of fishing, whether it be in the lake over the back of mine for carp or a two, the beach for cod or flatties or the boat in the river to try and get through the schooly bass to the bigger boys!

For me though going off shore is the ultimate thrill. Can't beat catching sand eels on feathers then using them for bass half way to Belgium!

Edited by Terrier15
  • Like 1