Blue To Black ..

After a quick recce yesterday on the remains of some cover crop that was blue with pigeon it was out early this morning and get set up for a day on the pigeon..few decoys, 2ff5s and wait for the action to begin ..nothing ...not a bloody one ..there was a few blacks flying about and after knocking a couple of jackdaws down the pigeons were ditched in favour of the jackdaws on the flappers a few crow decoys put out and a good day was had shooting corvids ..finished with 25crows, 17 rooks , 19 jackdaws and a couple of feral pigeons ..

post-81636-0-20568500-1489263948_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice one rich, best of a bad situation.

We had a bash on the pigeons last week and done quite well for us, 6 guns, 461 picked, they seem to like the clover in the grass at the moment.

QUITE WELL ...461 ..you better ring me next time you go out other wise I can see your machines having fuel troubles

• Like 1

Nice one rich, best of a bad situation.

We had a bash on the pigeons last week and done quite well for us, 6 guns, 461 picked, they seem to like the clover in the grass at the moment.

QUITE WELL ...461 ..you better ring me next time you go out other wise I can see your machines having fuel troubles
Your always welcome mate, they hammer the grass all year round usually, anytime you fancy it just say.

I should add, I don't usually do that well, 30 or 40 birds is a good day for me with my twisted eyesight and bent barrels !

Great mix of corvids there. The young rape is drawing them in round here at the moment.. the pigeons that it.

Rape is always a favourite of mine, but the bloody farm I shoot isn't growing it this year. Peas is another good crop to get them on, and Spring drilling is a firm favourite, along with laid barley in the summer, gotta love pigeon shooting.

nice bag on the black stuff thats going to put a serious dent in the breeding population

Sadly it won't make even a small dent there are literally thousands of them , one of the keepers shot nearly 150 the other day you really can't believe how many there are .Needless to say one of the main rookery's which is massive is on land owned by an anti ..Have to say the twenty five crows was pleasing , they are normally really cautious but Saturday they were bloody suicidal , had a full body decoy fixed to the top left hand side of the hide and the flappers in front and they came in like the were on a flight path twenty foot of the ground , I waited till they were twenty foot in front and gave them 32 gram 5 's pigeon extreme ??they didn't like that a lot ?