Bought in or reared from a pup?

Guest SJM

Are your dogs bought in or reared from pups?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Just running dogs please not other breeds

• All my dogs are bought in as adults
    • All my dogs are reared from pups
    • A mixture of the 2

This is just personal nosiness really, Im interested to see whether there is a trend in buying in an adult dog in the hope of getting a "ready made" animal, or if people prefer to rear a puppy which is all their own work :thumbs: Feel free to add your comments if you like. Personally I would never have anything other than a pup, I think a dog is a personalised hunting tool and I like to have a bond with my animals to the point where they would be useless to anyone else apart from me, ie they wont work for someone else or go with them, or respond to them properly, they just want to be with me and hunt with me all of the time. I am interested to hear other peoples views though on the subject :thumbs:

Guest little lurcher

mine are all usually of my own breeding although i did buy in a grew and then recently rescued a saluki whippet greyhound bitch who has now seen the lamp but yet to work on , she still has a small injury reamining from being trapped in a snare and left to die

as i hunt for the love of it ,it would have to be a pup as i believe if someone has a dog that's made the grade why sell it ?just my opinion but i think seeing a dog get its first rabbit is all the better and all the stress and months of training was all worth it . :thumbs: but the world would be a funny place if everyone thought the same . yours in sport chink

My best dogs have always been ones ive reared and entered myself

Saying that,. i have seen some realy useful canines in the past that had they been for sale and i needed a dog, i would of snatched there hands off!

Thing is,. we all know how hard it is to get something of any calibre, and the pitfalls that usualy come along with trying to get such a beast. Even after all the hard work we put in we still rely heavily on good old lady luck! Why would anyone realy let something useful go!

Saying that some idiots just cant see the potential that a dog of theirs has and do occasionaly decide to let go,..maybe these are worth a chance??

Lamps